Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yet another problem with the x

drewXrunner

Reaction score
I can't get a break with my truck! its always something going wrong with it. anyways. I was going to work this morning and about a mile from my house, I turned onto the main road up the hill, as soon as I hit the throttle the engine started to hiccup. truck was moving back and forth trying to go. CEL came on solid. so I pulled over popped the hood and everything looked fine. I now have a major loss in vehicle power and it dosent want to go over 3000 rpms but its still running believe it or not. any insights guys?

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
I can't get a break with my truck! its always something going wrong with it. anyways. I was going to work this morning and about a mile from my house, I turned onto the main road up the hill, as soon as I hit the throttle the engine started to hiccup. truck was moving back and forth trying to go. CEL came on solid. so I pulled over popped the hood and everything looked fine. I now have a major loss in vehicle power and it dosent want to go over 3000 rpms but its still running believe it or not. any insights guys?

$20 says you are throwing P0101. If it is that, have the dealership look at your MAF, or the MAF wiring harness.

Get us the code you are throwing, because until we know what it is, it is just going to be theories and wild guesses thrown around in this thread.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yep... sounds like the truck went in to limp mode too. You can probably clear the code and it'll be fine until it comes on again. As Vecte said, need to figure out what the code is tho.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
this sounds like what X-travs truck was doing....:thumpdown:

but it was more than a simple clear and roll on

pull the code and let us know what it is

Justin

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
pull that code bro...we are all here to help you out bro...:top:

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Dude im praying for you I have been having a big ordeal with code 103....lets just say I've been through a few MAf sensors and a few trips to the dealer and we are just now hoping we fixed the issue yesterday....I bet when you start it it dies then you have to start it a second time

This includes me rolling around on no engine management other then the stock ecu....

Pull you negative battery cable let it reset if that code does not clear ...pm me I can tell you where to start:(

drewXrunner

Reaction score
Dude im praying for you I have been having a big ordeal with code 103....lets just say I've been through a few MAf sensors and a few trips to the dealer and we are just now hoping we fixed the issue yesterday....I bet when you start it it dies then you have to start it a second time

This includes me rolling around on no engine management other then the stock ecu....

Pull you negative battery cable let it reset if that code does not clear ...pm me I can tell you where to start:(

yup that's what happened when I turned it off then back on. 2nd try start lol. I will definitely get that code pulled up asap.. thanks for the help!! oh yah . ill probably hit you up x travagant if anything goes on. sounds like your having same problems.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
yup that's what happened when I turned it off then back on. 2nd try start lol. I will definitely get that code pulled up asap.. thanks for the help!! oh yah . ill probably hit you up x travagant if anything goes on. sounds like your having same problems.

i can save u the headache right now...go pull your neg battery terminal off..let it sit about 30 mins hook it back up...if the code dont clear...let me know...

trd_sport

Reaction score
theres a wire for the s/c pump in the fuse box....make sure that didnt come out.:top:

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score

I had what sounds like the exact same problem with the truck sputtering. Turned out to be a bad MAF wiring harness.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
I had what sounds like the exact same problem with the truck sputtering. Turned out to be a bad MAF wiring harness.

Can you explain what you mean a bad maf wiring harness? The whole harness? are just where you did an extension?

I can tell you I completely bypassed the entire maf harness and still had the issue....

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean a bad maf wiring harness? The whole harness? are just where you did an extension?

I can tell you I completely bypassed the entire maf harness and still had the issue....

It was the black part that connects to the MAF that was bad, according to the dealership.

drewXrunner

Reaction score
tried to disconnect the negative for 30 minutes but it didnt work . CEL is still on and im in Limp mode. :( . I pulled the code and its 0103 maf. What excatly is this?

BlackCat

Reaction score
Didn't see the FLM (Fog Light Mod) in your mod list, but if you do have it, try this...

check the fuse box, especially the fuse socket that the FLM harness plugs into. If that fuse falls out (like it did for me), it'll throw those codes and die if taken above 3grand as well. If you don't have the FLM, and nothing else suggested here works, check the fuse box anyway.

drewXrunner

Reaction score
yah I have the fog light mod . I hope that's what it is . quick and easy fix. I might just take off my flm. it hasent been working properly.

XrunDan

Reaction score
is it just me, or does it seem like all the S/C guys are having more problems than its worth?

Drew, good luck with the fix man, thats a bummer.

trd_sport

Reaction score
theres a wire for the s/c pump in the fuse box....make sure that didnt come out.:top:

Didn't see the FLM (Fog Light Mod) in your mod list, but if you do have it, try this...

check the fuse box, especially the fuse socket that the FLM harness plugs into. If that fuse falls out (like it did for me), it'll throw those codes and die if taken above 3grand as well. If you don't have the FLM, and nothing else suggested here works, check the fuse box anyway.
I'm still waiting to hear that he checked that and its fine....I mentioned it 8posts ago.

drewXrunner

Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear that he checked that and its fine....I mentioned it 8posts ago.

im at work rite now. and I got off at dark last night so I have to check that. as soon as a I get home I will update.

Top Bottom