Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yet another problem with the x

Spyder327

Reaction score
yah it goes into limp mode But . mine is out of limp mode now. and it still stutters in 1st and second gear. its terrible. im taking it back to toyota. heck! it ran better in limp mode.

It's doing that with the CEL off? Does it show any pending codes?

5000XD

Reaction score
limp mode? meaning you cant drive faster then xx mph?

if it stutters it makes me wonder if it has got something to do with fuel/air.

quicky06

Reaction score
limp mode? meaning you cant drive faster then xx mph?

if it stutters it makes me wonder if it has got something to do with fuel/air.

limp mode puts the car into open loop. it defaults to a "safe" fuel and spark graph.

drewXrunner

Reaction score
well im back in limp mode again. just F$#@@! great! :thumpdown:

I need the harness i believe right ?

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
well im back in limp mode again. just F$#@@! great! :thumpdown:

I need the harness i believe right ?

That is what I would put all my money on. When the replaced that, not only did I no longer have the problem, but the truck just seemed to run a whole lot better.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
Limp mode won't go above 3k and basically runa 11.5 afr at idle and smells horrible lol

drewXrunner

Reaction score
That is what I would put all my money on. When the replaced that, not only did I no longer have the problem, but the truck just seemed to run a whole lot better.

Now i just need to find one. X trav got the plug hopefully he puts it on tonight and it lets us know.
Cause I cant take anymore of this. Ive never seen anything like it.

:motz: :thumpdown: :ahhhhh:

G

gixxerman11

you say yet another problem there hasn't been that many issues.. that other toyota's had or didnt have i have had more problems with other brands

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
you say yet another problem there hasn't been that many issues.. that other toyota's had or didnt have i have had more problems with other brands

yes cause he has had several other isuues....just enjoy the time my truck has problems...its the only time you will be faster

drewXrunner

Reaction score

I understand that vehicles will have problems. but when im at toyota once every 3 months. I start to wonder if my truck is even gonna make it to 100,000 miles. my x must have been built on a friday late in the day . lol :)

NixXR462

Reaction score
Drew I met a guy that worked on your X Runner. I think he said he worked at Serra Toyota I'm not sure but he said your always having to bring it in.

drewXrunner

Reaction score
yah you probably talked to matt p.
they are good people up there. but im sure they are sick of seeing me. hey man as soon as I figure out what is wrong with the truck we need to get a meet going.

NixXR462

Reaction score
Yeah I've been wanting to have another meet no one is ever interested.

NixXR462

Reaction score
yah I hear ya. we'll you're always welcome to come by the house. we can do some mods or something.
Yeah sounds like a good plan, I just don't have mods to do haha. I'm saving up for a big one though...

drewXrunner

Reaction score
Thanks bro. Just gotta find that 1 little niche thats wrong with the maf. Then ill be set. Thanks for everyones support and tech help. This is by far the best automotive site ive ever been a part of. :top:

and if i had some cookies i would give each member one :biggrin:

Top Bottom