Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1/4 mile newset record!! 4-9-10

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I got to touch the 12 sec truck :bird:

Gadget

Reaction score
I got to tune and DRIVE it!!

G

ntinhri

Reaction score
Eh, I wouldn't go that far, at least not yet.

What if gadget was on that new prototype blower, running the larger DT headers, race gas w/race tune, removed intake restrictor? What happened to the slicks he ran the 1/8 mile in?

Run a custom race tune steve and port the TRD blower, I bet you blow the doors of Gadget's truck.

To say that an off the shelf MKII will perform the same as URD's privately built truck is silly.

So far, the off the shelf Stage III is running 13.4's @ 105mph with DRs, but I expect to see some improvement next time David can make it out to the track, but not +108mph traps.

Your full of it Jason! Why do you think Gadget would lie or cheat? Personally I think its BS that you want to say he isnt being truthful. Gadget does alot for this community and others (by the way he doesnt make much from this site of x-runner owners compared to the rest of his business). I have the hottest tune you can run on the trd unit for daily driving..

When Gadget went the the track, I know for sure the following:
*he didnt own drag radials (drag radials were borrowed from a friend, there is a member here who can confirm that gadget IS looking for a set. But doesnt have them YET!)
*he is running the same blowers other owners of MKII are.
*He wasnt running race gas
*he doesnt have the bigger headers on his truck, nor have they ever been installed on his truck.

I trust gadgets word... not too many others i can say the same for..............................

Not sure Want I want more, for some to put up some numbers and stop being a girl, or a drive to get behind a MKII with Drag radials............

X-roller

Reaction score
I can see this happening. The URD s/c kit is the one I am looking at getting for my truck as a temporary. I'm only gonna run it till I have the money to do the full turbo set up. I've studied both for a LONG time now and have come to the conclusion that the URD set up is more than likely the way I am gonna go. The TRD s/c is getting close to being maxed out while the URD set up is just an upgraded s/c away from running this truck into 1/4 mile numbers that a TRD set up won't be seeing. URD is able to upgrade there s/c while the TRD is a permanent one. I would say the TRD is going to be the safest s/c on the market since URD is always wanting to give what the people want and that is more power which is not a bad thing though since the ones that do want it plan for it and build the motor. I will always live by TRD products but on this one i'm going to have to steer away from TRD and go the URD route. Gadget ran a 108 trap speed which is higher than ntinhri trap speed which concurs a possibility that gadget could be a 12 second truck. If I remember correctly he stated it was his first time. I can bet if he would have kept at it he would have came back with a 12 second slip. I'm not trying to say one is better than the other because to each s/c there is for our truck one is better than the other but in the end it all comes down to what you want out of it. Reliability I would say TRD and if you want peak performing power URD. The downfall of TRD is the fact that you won't be able to swap out for a larger s/c but it will be the most reliable on the market.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Nitrous has more power potential then any little rinky dinky supercharger kit :-D.

dont think ur gonna squeeze an extra 200 HP out of that rotrex or TRD blower...

NITROUS HARD ON!!!!

NOS?

NAWZ?

NOSSSSSSSSS?

NAAAAZZ!

Giggle Gas!

The Squeeze!

X-roller

Reaction score
:rolleyez::withstupid: unless you go that route then TRD FTW!!!!! lol.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Doug you pulling your s/c off and proven this theory? you aint gonna run noz on you engine for 50-60,000 miles like I have my s/c..

:rolleyez::withstupid: unless you go that route then TRD FTW!!!!! lol.

disagree, you can run noz with ANY set up.... TRD, URD, Turbo... you pick.. you can run it!

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Doug you pulling your s/c off and proven this theory? you aint gonna run noz on you engine for 50-60,000 miles like I have my s/c..

Prove what theory? That nitrous is a million times more efficient then any supercharger? :laugh: That TRD + Nitrous = a retarded power curve from off idle to redline that cant be matched?

That is the beuaty of nitrous my friend... You DONT run it ALL the time - thus you dont stress the powertrain components ALL the time.

Think about it...

What stresses the engine more?

You running higher (hotter) boost levels ALL the time with out any means of limiting it on the flly?

Or me running lower boost levels (2.7) and the occasional shot of nitrous (which makes more efficient less knock prone power anyway)?

Who will knock first and make less power on a 90 degree day? You with your pulley combos? or Me with a 2.7 and a cryogenic gas?

Super Werty

Reaction score
What's going to stop a URD MKII customer from using the different manifold to use nitrous. Then what? You've got the higher efficiency and power of the rotrex and your beloved nitrous.

To say the TRD is ultimately more upgradeable because of nitrous is silly. There are plenty of people boosting with centrifugal superchargers and spraying juice.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Prove what theory? That nitrous is a million times more efficient then any supercharger? :laugh: That TRD + Nitrous = a retarded power curve from off idle to redline that cant be matched?

That is the beuaty of nitrous my friend... You DONT run it ALL the time - thus you dont stress the powertrain components ALL the time.

Think about it...

What stresses the engine more?

You running higher (hotter) boost levels ALL the time with out any means of limiting it on the flly?

Or me running lower boost levels (2.7) and the occasional shot of nitrous (which makes more efficient less knock prone power anyway)?

No no no you said that noz was more powerful than any s/c.... thats what you said... so pull your s/c off, run just noz, and take it to the track big boy.

Nitrous has more power potential then any little rinky dinky supercharger kit :-D.

Had to quote you before you edited it...:top:

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
What's going to stop a URD MKII customer from using the different manifold to use nitrous. Then what? You've got the higher efficiency and power of the rotrex and your beloved nitrous.

To say the TRD is ultimately more upgradeable because of nitrous is silly. There are plenty of people boosting with centrifugal superchargers and spraying juice.

No one said TRD is ultimately more upgradeable... It's NOT the blower that makes the difference - its the distribution.

If you think our stock dry N/A manifold distributes nitrous/fuel better then a shot straight through the compressor housing of a roots blower with no runners at the other end your nuts.

The TRD system eliminates that shitty stock manifold making single point nitrous use much more safe.

No no no you said that noz was more powerful than any s/c.... thats what you said... so pull your s/c off, run just noz, and take it to the track big boy.

Had to quote you before you edited it...:top:

Well steve nitrous is damn near 100% efficient... Do the math :laugh:

Id bet a few bucks on a 200 shot XR out running a TRD XR (if it could hold all that TQ).

There is a N/A member on here running a 100 shot making more TQ then you lol.

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
Id bet a few bucks on a 200 shot XR out running a TRD XR (if it could hold all that TQ).

Id rather be someone who can go the distance and play all the time, instead of being a one pump chump. run 200 shot, put some miles on your truck... bet you dont make the distance...

Super Werty

Reaction score
well we can debate the "safeness" of nitrous for all eternity. I know a MK1 with nitrous laid the smackdown in the 1/8th mile. And it even did it with that so called "unsafe" manifold

That was before the X-1 too

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Id rather be someone who can go the distance and play all the time, instead of being a one pump chump. run 200 shot, put some miles on your truck... bet you dont make the distance...

lol w.e steve I thought your concern was reliability? Now you want to run full bore all the time? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Do I need 450 + ft-lbs of TQ ALL the time... Sure dont.

BUT when it is called for (the track, a street race, etc...) your ALL THE TIME power doesn't do u very good if it cant bridge that gap now does it?

well we can debate the "safeness" of nitrous for all eternity. I know a MK1 with nitrous laid the smackdown in the 1/8th mile. And it even did it with that so called "unsafe" manifold

That was before the X-1 too

Yes we can will, take my word for it i have a bit of experience under my belt on all kinds of vehicles (carbureted and fuel injected) when it comes to playing with nitrous. :top:

He did run a good time - sure as hell doesn't mean one cylinder didn't run incredibly lean or that the fuel wasn't puddling some place waiting to explode in that shitty manifold...

You can run it through just about anything....

Running it through a maze is NOT a good idea though and there is no ifs ands or buts about that.

You being so deathly afraid of the stuff and never using it are in no position to argue safety logistics about it though my friend.

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
lol w.e steve I thought your concern was reliability? Now you want to run full bore all the time? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Do I need 450 + ft-lbs of TQ ALL the time... Sure dont.

BUT when it is called for (the track, a street race, etc...) your ALL THE TIME power doesn't do u very good if it cant bridge that gap now does it?

you cant achieve 450 ftlbs tq with out the s/c..... Lets hang out for a weekend, Ill pop your motor.... you will be on the juice to keep up, and KABOOM will happen! and Ill speed off with my 350 + or - tq numbers...................

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
you cant achieve 450 ftlbs tq with out the s/c..... Lets hang out for a weekend, Ill pop your motor.... you will be on the juice to keep up, and KABOOM will happen! and Ill speed off with my 350 + or - tq numbers...................

lol I made more power then you off the bottle, with a stock Y pipe, on a NITROUS tune (which is less aggressive then my full street tune) if you want to play that game. :top: But you are the better driver.

Nitrous is there for races that are worth while, not for jerking off around back roads.

A 150 shot on this engine with out a supercharger will be over 400 ft-lbs of TQ so that is untrue.

ntinhri

Reaction score
lol I made more power then you off the bottle, with a stock Y pipe, on a NITROUS tune (which is less aggressive then my full street tune) if you want to play that game. :top: But you are the better driver.

Nitrous is there for races that are worth while, not for jerking off around back roads.

A 150 shot on this engine with out a supercharger will be over 400 ft-lbs of TQ so that is untrue.

DUDE if we hung out, and you tried to hang with me, you'd go thru a few bottles..... and youd be calling AAA:laugh:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Hell the only thing better is Nitrous and a Turbo :biggrin:

DUDE if we hung out, and you tried to hang with me, you'd go thru a few bottles..... and youd be calling AAA:laugh:

Thats cause I wont romp the truck like a mad man steve, and some how... it still is pretty fast (at least in every accel video) lol.

Track day is soon!!!

Im hoping for a 13.8 @ 112 MPH :laugh:

If I keep the power level down low enough I can spray all day.

Lets run on a real hot day and see who has a problem (who knocks first).

The power you waste turning that blower with that crank pulley I put to the wheel efficiently with nitrous.

Our engines may be producing the same power (me with 2.7 + a 30 shot and you with 2.7 + NST).

The difference is....

Your engine is producing the power - your just not seeing it all at the wheel because the blower is robbing it from you.

My engine is producing the power - and im seeing most of it at the wheel because im using nitrous.

Your motor is more knock prone then mine, and probably makes the same power as mine, but sees less at the wheel due to parasitic loss and heat.

Same power related component stress in the end.... Just mines at the ground while yours is at the crank, mine is less knock prone while yours is severely more volatile.

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
FI temps raise so much when putting that pedal to the metal which is why DS can bet money he will not only run his truck longer spraying but keep it at cooler temps as well. Nos helps in cooling the air going in if i'm not mistaken. If done correctly which by the looks of DS set up it is and tuned for it. You can spray all the way to the moon and back. Now if you just slap on a set up and spray it. Then you can say the spray is more prone to knock than your s/c is.

Top Bottom