Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

has anyone tried these oil coolers?

butters607

Reaction score
Yes sir exactly what i did also the lines I ran those right through where the ac line for a through and wrapped them with rubber hose all 3 so they can't rub on each.other you could do the setrab but I don't see why its worth spending an extra hundred dollars

Murderface

Reaction score
All u have to do is open the hood and look down and u will see 2 braces made outta aluminum

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Its been awhile since I was under the hood of a taco, but if memory serves me right, you should have the same bumper design as me in my 4Runner.

butters607

Reaction score
Ok since I was told that the 10an fitting from my other post wouldn't work because it would reduce oil flow and could be a risk I purchased these for my greddy sandwich plate
IMAG0112.jpg

12 bucks ea

butters607

Reaction score
okay ended up revamping this whole system now heres what i have!
IMAG0349.jpg

250 psi 10an hose 4 quick connect 10an fittings total about 40 bucks this is 5 feet total you only need 2.5 depending on how you run it for ea side next up is this
IMAG0350.jpg

yep a 7 inch fan total 21 bucks. im gonna have a relay fuse and thermostat running this little monster ill update with more pics later on. I had some trouble with the steel braidied line its very un flexible and hard to manuever so i made the switch!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Basically getting to what gtmoy did on his truck. Very smart way to cool the oil.

butters607

Reaction score
Well made some progress I have mounted the relay and fuse and also mounted the fan to the oil cooler here's a pic ill get more of the relay position tommorow
IMAG0354.jpg

butters607

Reaction score
got another update with pics!!!!!! ok 1st up is the wire i tapped into this red and black wire is the one used for the intercooler pump on the mk1 kit since its not used with the new supercharger kits i used it for my ignition wire on the relay
IMAG0360.jpg

2nd is a picture of the fan mounted to the oil cooler very simple you just push these right through where the fins are and on the back there is a clip that keeps them from releasing. also if you have the intercooler i have from urd you want a 90 degree push lock fitting to make it clear the space is very tight that would be the one i took off on the left and replaced so 90 on passenger side of cooler or left if your looking at the truck from the front.
IMAG0354-1.jpg

3rd. this hole is located underneath the hole for the ac line drivers side or right side if your looking from the front.
IMAG0356.jpg

4th where and how it is mounted ok looking from the front of the vehicle there is a frame rail on the right i went around that with the exhaust hanger also the hanger on the left goes around the aluminum piece located behind at the bottom of the front bumper.
IMAG0370.jpg

here is the relay mounted on the bottom of the fan shroud upside down so water cant run into it i got it for 34.99 at autozone and it can control up to two electric fans! it also has a thermostat built in and can turn on between 160-240 degrees!
IMAG0390.jpg

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That my friend, looks very well constructed. I like how this has evolved. Very professional now. :top: I cannot wait to finish getting my pieces together to finish my oil cooler setup.

If it worked well before in the summer, it really will now.

butters607

Reaction score
That my friend, looks very well constructed. I like how this has evolved. Very professional now. :top: I cannot wait to finish getting my pieces together to finish my oil cooler setup.

If it worked well before in the summer, it really will now.

Thank you sir now when i come to a red light the temps drop say 4-5 degrees just from the fan being on there

butters607

Reaction score
How has this worked for you? Any other changes?

This thing works wonders for a performance setup I have had great success in temp cooling with this setup and where as oem is less work I control the temps it runs the oil

Top Bottom