Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Second offering... Gauge LED swap!

TreTuna

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of people that hate the amber lights in our gauges, but are just too scared to go to town with a soldering iron on their clusters. So in comes Funky Fish Designs!

Color choices are: Blue, Red, Green, White, Yellow, Orange (Yeah I know that's stock but it's still an option!), and pink. I can do any layout you want.

I can even do transitional lights, such as putting blue at the bottom of the RPM gauge, and red at the top. Did this with mine once when experimenting to get the red of the tach to light up again. It worked, but the transition between blue and red was of course, pink, so I didn't stick with it for too long since that's not exactly my color even if it did fix the problem with the red of the tach not lighting up. Might be cool for you though Brittany.

Color combos can be an interesting experimentation if you want to go with it.

Here's a breakdown of all the LEDs in our gauges... When you order you tell me what color you want for each one and I'll do it.

Tach: Gauge: 2 leds
Needle: 2 leds
Speedo: Gauge: 3 leds
Needle: 3 leds
Temp: Gauge: 1 led
Needle: 1 led
Fuel: Gauge: 1 led
Needle: 1 led
Odometer: 3 leds
Seatbelt: 1
Door Open: 1
Check Engine: 1
Battery: 1
Lights: 1
Airbag: 1
Maint Reqd: 1
Turn Signals: 2 each on 05/06, 1 each for 07+
Tire Pressure: 1
Cruise: 1
Oil Pressure: 1
ABS: 1
Parking Brake: 1
Low Fuel: 1

I am going to charge $60 for this service, that includes the LEDs and shipping the gauges back to you. If you want the steering wheel audio controls done, send them with your gauges for an extra $15 I'll do that as well.

I have done research and yes, as others have said, the mileage is stored in the gauges on our clusters. This makes a swap-out service impossible. To counter act this I plan on still purchasing an extra cluster as soon as I find one for a decent price, and for an extra charge just to cover shipping, I will be willing to mail you the extra gauges to use in your truck while I have yours. This will help those that don't want to drive around with no gauges while the mod is being done. I will give more info on this when I find the gauges.

Here's a pic of the gauges I did for someone on XRU already:

web.jpg

Last edited:

TreTuna

Reaction score
I stand by my work. If you have any issues with my gauge color changeout within the first year I will pay for shipping back and forth to fix them. Or, once I get some used gauges in stock for swaps I would be able to simply send you another set in trade for your faulty ones so that you do not have to go without your gauges due to something that is my fault.

If you have an issue after the first year just get in touch with me, I will work with you on getting them fixed asap.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I stand by my work. If you have any issues with my gauge color changeout within the first year I will pay for shipping back and forth to fix them. Or, once I get some used gauges in stock for swaps I would be able to simply send you another set in trade for your faulty ones so that you do not have to go without your gauges due to something that is my fault.

If you have an issue after the first year just get in touch with me, I will work with you on getting them fixed asap.
That's what I wanted to hear sir. very nice. :top:

nine9six

Reaction score
This is a very awesome mod, and personally, one of my favorites.

Some people may wish to have the needles made blue also, but IMO, that's TOO much blue. I personally prefer to have the amber needs to stand out against the blue gauges so I can watch them with my peripheral vision.

Tre, will you offer the option for people to have the needles made blue? I've heard that can be a little tricky, as they are fragile. But, I don't know from first-hand experience. JW! :smile:

TreTuna

Reaction score
I can and will change out the needles to any color as well if you'd like. The ones in the gauges above are actually not stock. For those I changed the backing of the needles to white and then replaced the amber led with a red one for the look. Even though in pictures they still look slightly like the stock amber. Personally my gauges are all blue including the needles. Here's a quick pic from a while back that Ticoman took of mine.

IMG_0474.jpg

One thing to note. You notice on mine that the red part of the Tach does not light up. I am trying to work on this. It seems that the 05-06 gauges have a thinner layer of the red on that section which allows the blue LEDs to still illuminate it red, but the 07+ seems to be thicker to where it does not. I am working on a work around on this to get them done.

Last edited:

TreTuna

Reaction score
Yes, it would... It's the 07+ that has the problem that I am trying to resolve. The 05 and 06 are different for some odd reason, but they work perfectly.. The picture at the very top on my original post are gauges from an 05 which show the red even though there's a blue light behind it.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Yes the ODO reading is stored by the ECU, NOT the gauges. If it was then people would be switching out their gauges all the time to make it look like their vehicle has lower miles before they try to sell it. I have not tried all the different years, but I do know that the 05/06 gauges worked just fine in my 07 XR. I cannot guarantee that this is so for all years until I have the chance to try it myself, but I'm pretty sure that swapping out the years of gauges will have no problems involved.

right on bro...warranty plus info...:top: I'm going to get with you about this mod this summer...:rockon:

I always thought it would be cool...if we could incorporate a multi-colored LED for those who have the x-1 installed...since the x-1 uses the check engine light as a shift light...if we could figure out a way to some how setup the shift light for example: to flash at certain RPMS and the check engine light would come up green for a perfect shift...yellow when passing the perfect shift (or set rpms shift timing), and red when it bounces off the rev limiter...that would be TITS...

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
I can and will change out the needles to any color as well if you'd like. The ones in the gauges above are actually not stock. For those I changed the backing of the needles to white and then replaced the amber led with a red one for the look. Even though in pictures they still look slightly like the stock amber. Personally my gauges are all blue including the needles. Here's a quick pic from a while back that Ticoman took of mine.

IMG_0474.jpg

One thing to note. You notice on mine that the red part of the Tach does not light up. I am trying to work on this. It seems that the 05-06 gauges have a thinner layer of the red on that section which allows the blue LEDs to still illuminate it red, but the 07+ seems to be thicker to where it does not. I am working on a work around on this to get them done.

oh okay, so it's not just me. lol. I got an 07 and switched the lights myself and noticed that the re part didn't light up as well. thought I ****ed it up or something. whew... please keep us posted if you find a way to make the light shine through

gl with your services bro! definitely good to have someone offering to do this.:rockon:

Superloki24

Reaction score
What would the turnaround time be for this (both guages and SW controls)? i.e. if I shipped them to you from Canada.

TreTuna

Reaction score
Turnaround would depend on shipping times.

Once received I will have them done within 2 days, install them in my truck and send you a picture to confirm they work and the color scheme is what you want, then send them back out to you.

Price includes USPS Priority Mail shipping back to you, if you want anything faster I will have to charge the difference in shipping extra.

mrguy33391

Reaction score
Those all blue lights are sweet. I'm gonna have to have that done soon!

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
I'm actually prettttty solidly interested in this.. I'll need to figure out the shipping rates via USPS though, and I'm closer to CA than most other Canadians haha..

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
Ya Id have to agree with Phoenix on this one.. Im really interested to and am much closer than the Canadians.. Lol.. Really though, are there different colors? And there's someone who has them installed and the only thing about them is you can't dim them with the switch so they're always SUPER bright.. Gets kinda annoying at night especially.. Are these still adjustable? Might be a dumb question.. JW

USAFX

Reaction score
Do you have any already done and interested in swapping?

TreTuna

Reaction score
I have not yet been able to pick up any spare gauge cluster, no. I've been very caught up in my real job at the recording studio working about 100 hours this week, so i have not been able to contact any places to see if I can pick up a set. This upcoming week I will have more time to work on this. For now the gauges would have to be sent to me, lights switched, and sent back to you. I know for a lot their trucks are daily drivers and going without gauges for a week may not be an option, but for now unless you live in the LA area this is the only way I can do it. I will have the swap service setup asap though.

Gutz

Reaction score
Hey Tre, when I get back, I will definitely have to hit you up so we can come up with something cool for my Tundra...

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
Hmm.. Blue/pink scheme might be cool but I'm not super great with picturing stuff like this especially since I've never seen it before so you'll have to let me know of some cool ideas :biggrin: so you should pm me with any thoughts :top:

Top Bottom