Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Second offering... Gauge LED swap!

TreTuna

Reaction score
Once I find some spare gauge clusters I can experiment with I'll do a nice setup with blue and pink for you and we'll figure something out. It really looked neat when I did it with mine, but like I said, pink isn't exactly my color, so it had to go. Sadly I deleted the pic I took of them like that as well.

Actually How about this.... Was kinda bored so photochopped some blue and pink ones together...

web.jpg

Last edited:

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
Ooooh.. That's cute! :biggrin: and original.. Wouldn't have to worry about someone havin it :top:

mixplate_xr

Reaction score
One thing to note. You notice on mine that the red part of the Tach does not light up. I am trying to work on this. It seems that the 05-06 gauges have a thinner layer of the red on that section which allows the blue LEDs to still illuminate it red, but the 07+ seems to be thicker to where it does not. I am working on a work around on this to get them done.

any luck on finding a solution?

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
Once I find some spare gauge clusters I can experiment with I'll do a nice setup with blue and pink for you and we'll figure something out. It really looked neat when I did it with mine, but like I said, pink isn't exactly my color, so it had to go. Sadly I deleted the pic I took of them like that as well.

Actually How about this.... Was kinda bored so photochopped some blue and pink ones together...

*SNIP*

Not gunna lie.. that temp guage looks sick with the blue/pink combo. Cept I think the hto should be red.. hahaha.

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
lucky.. lol. Lemme know how awesome they are :D haha

TreTuna

Reaction score
I can't wait to get Brittany's gauges done either, I think the scheme we have going is going to look awesome!

X-Caliber

Reaction score
I'd like to get mine done as well, but I'd have to wait untill one of us found an extra cluster to work with. My X is a daily driver every day and I can't have it undrivable for more than a day. Keep us posted on your progress!

motonxruchick184

Reaction score
Well I still drive mine without the cluster I just gotta remember how long ago I filled up lol..

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to get mine done as well, but I'd have to wait untill one of us found an extra cluster to work with. My X is a daily driver every day and I can't have it undrivable for more than a day. Keep us posted on your progress!

Go with the flow, anf keep her full :rolleyez:

Venomous_X

Reaction score

web.jpg
hope you have a red/orange/white similarity of this :wink:

TreTuna

Reaction score
how do you want it laid out? I'll see what I can whip up.. Just realized something though... the fade in the temp and gas gauges aren't going to work due to only 1 led being in there sadly...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
like ross said, mileage is stored in the cluster dude...YOUR wrong. i tested a '10 cluster in my 05, showed the '10 mileage, tested an '07 in my 05, showed his mileage, tested an 05 in my 05, showed his mileage...its common knowledge and been posted multiple times across the boards.

there is no way your going to be able to directly swap clusters...why do you think prerunnerseth, toku and I must have people ship their clusters to us to do?!

also, no fade on the blue/pink cluster...only one LED for temp/fuel :top:

just trying to help you out dude...:rock:

"YOU'RE"...just trying to help you out dude:rock:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
how do you want it laid out? I'll see what I can whip up.. Just realized something though... the fade in the temp and gas gauges aren't going to work due to only 1 led being in there sadly...
Im thinking start white (in rpm etc) and slowly fade to orange keeping the red needles....this way it would still flow with the radio and other orange :wink: while still utilizing a custom appeal.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey thanks, capped my stuff and fixed a few other typos...feel free to keep editing my English on this forum...

Gladly. Always happy to lend a positive hand :top:Shall we always strive to improve ourselves. Thus the mindset of ongiong customization. Like this thread.

I'm very excited to see how my girl's cluster is going to turn out :top:

TRDspanks

Reaction score
Gladly. Always happy to lend a positive hand :top:Shall we always strive to improve ourselves. Thus the mindset of ongiong customization. Like this thread.:
funny, this forum is like a black hole.... informational posts seem to keep disappearing....we try to improve and pass on what we have learned firsthand...yet it is there and all of a sudden....gone??

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing bro.

RossK35

Reaction score
funny, this forum is like a black hole.... informational posts seem to keep disappearing....we try to improve and pass on what we have learned firsthand...yet it is there and all of a sudden....gone??
Even mine is gone that contained useful info. Such a typical thing on this forum.

Top Bottom