Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shane's URD MRKlll++ supercharger Build

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

shane881510

Reaction score
I have the passnger side venting to atmosphere with a air filter. Can I just do the diver side the same way and jut block off the upper intake pcv port Instead of a check valve.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct. And since you have the passenger side open to atmosphere, but dtiver side connected, you very very likely have a massive vacuum leak causing a serious loss of power. Do like you said, to the driver side and let us know how the truck feels.

shane881510

Reaction score
I bet that's is why I can't get my fuel trims to even out Because the vac leak from pcv valve. Thanks torspd.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it is. Probably the reason why you were so underimpressed with your dyno as well. That UCON is hard at work keeping things "normal" with a huge vacuum leak.

Gadget

Reaction score
All of this "stuff" was accounted for in the design of the URD Supercharger system. You do not need to do any of this "stuff".

Now if you go modifying the system it is hard to say what the result will be.

G

shane881510

Reaction score
Well that maybe true g man. I did put down 438hp with the pcv system like it is right now back in January. But what could of cause it to run so low on power Saturday. Besides the air temp being hot. The only difference was the tune. I've changed nuttin else since January.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
When all else fails, return the hoses to the way the system was designed.

shane881510

Reaction score
I'm gonna try it torspd. It can't hurt it no more than it already is. I have had problems ever since the software update and the 80lbs injectors. Maybe the injectors ain't 80lbs after all. Idk.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Going to try plugging the driver side port, or going back to stock hose routing?

In all honesty, certain aspects of the URD system are similar to mine. I had the same vacuum leak long ago. That and no longer liked pressurizing the crank case. That is why I separated the pcv system from any circulation with the charged air and intake. So it is now completely independent of the intake, and routes into a very nice catch can, with a breather on it.

Ridefoxone

Reaction score
It would be nice to know if there is a noticeable difference after this is done, nothing else changed.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be nice to know if there is a noticeable difference after this is done, nothing else changed.

As in plugging the driver side Intake port? If so then yes. It will make it run much smoother and with better power. Since the ecu won't fighting to keep trims in check due to load scales being all over the place. As well as timing in certain parts of the map will be skewed.

shane881510

Reaction score
I pluged off the intake port and just run the pcv system to vent on but sides. I put a catch can on that I had and just need air filter now. I am pulling a lot more vac now on the gauge. The boost is the same. No cel. I felt no difference in power. But the crank case has to feel better.

Gadget

Reaction score
You did what?

You are putting manifold vacuum on both sides of your cam covers? Please say that is not so.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I pluged off the intake port and just run the pcv system to vent on but sides. I put a catch can on that I had and just need air filter now. I am pulling a lot more vac now on the gauge. The boost is the same. No cel. I felt no difference in power. But the crank case has to feel better.

The transition from vacuum to boost will be cleaner. Especially at light medium throttle into boost. That your gauge is reading around 20 inHg, it means you no longer have a vacuum leak.

Gadget

Reaction score
Where is this vacuum leak you are plugging up?

shane881510

Reaction score
Yea torspd about 19 to 20 on vac. No gadget. I took all pressure from both cam covers. Just let them vent to atmosphere. No vac or boost. Trying see if the fuel trims change.

iniazy

Reaction score
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=68052&prodname=Vacuum+Check+Valve

3/8"

Only necessary on pre-throttle body F/I applications. The next best thing is to completely remove the pcv system from the intake. Make it a vent to atmosphere setup with a catch can. Then boost pressure can never get into the crank case, minus the minimal compression ring blow-by. Unless a ring land goes bad.

I don't understand what is the purpose of putting in this check valve? The PCV valve is one way, it will not allow boost to go through it, it will only allow pressure and oil vapor to pass out of the crank case, one way. So why need a check valve?

Top Bottom