Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shane's URD MRKlll++ supercharger Build

shane881510

Reaction score
Ok guys ucon came to my house today but I wasn't there to Get it. One day they show up early I had to be gone. But I got my big injectors back in the charge pipes back on and everything else I had off. Tomarrow I'll put the ucon in as soon as I get it. Any ways I've ran into some trouble with my dip job. Painting over the rubber gaskets on the body kit wasn't a good thing. It looked good but no good for dip job. Air and water can push its way under the dip around them Gaskets. So my dip job was ruined. Advice to anyone going to dip there truck. Once u get the whole truck dip and ur dipping the gaskets take razor blade and separated the gasket from the body. If u are not dipping the gaskets to id take the body kit off and dip everything like that. Get new rubber body kit gaskets. Since mine came out bad I made a two tone scheme trying to fix the ruin dip. The cab and hood are still good. I'll peel the rest off and redo the bed and everthing that wasn't ruined.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Live and learn.

What's the latest with the truck now? As in have you yet had the opportunity to drive it?

shane881510

Reaction score
Yea I drove it yesterday. Man I missed boost. So far all is good. I'm gonna drive it a few more days before I say it's perfect. Only thing I can say now is that I can still shift faster than the ucon. It can't keep up. lol.

shane881510

Reaction score
I wanted 360mm big brakes but the funds are low and I needed brakes in the worst way. So I settle for these. Better than what i had.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So is everything up to par, tune wise?

At least you have something a little better than stock for brakes. All that power must be making you have to hit the brakes a little harder now eh? ;)

shane881510

Reaction score
Tune wise it's all good. I had Scott advance my timing to on a tune to up my power a little bit. A local shop just put a dyno in and is gonna host a dyno day the 30th. I'm gonna see if I can be on the record board for v6. I know this tune is better than before the ucon was sent off. I can dump 1st gear and go to second and there's no delay between shifts.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That is good to hear. That is impressive that your shifting is even better now than before. Now I'm curious to see how yours will stack up against the competition.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Tune wise it's all good. I had Scott advance my timing to on a tune to up my power a little bit. A local shop just put a dyno in and is gonna host a dyno day the 30th. I'm gonna see if I can be on the record board for v6. I know this tune is better than before the ucon was sent off. I can dump 1st gear and go to second and there's no delay between shifts.

make sure you get some vids!

shane881510

Reaction score
Will do. My wife done the videos last time. I have them in this thread somewhere. I get two pulls for 55$. I'm gonna run the first pull with my current tune with 6400 rpm. And then the second one with the new tune with a 6200 rpm and timing advance. My goal to beat is 438hp. I'm doing both pulls in 5th gear. That's the 1:1 ratio gear.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That will really be cool to see the difference between tunes.

shane881510

Reaction score
Big disappointment guys. Idk what's up with my tune. But truck only put down 383hp. Air temp was 100. But I got way lower then the last dyno. Pretty upset.

shane881510

Reaction score
Yea man. It was a dyno jet. Only different was tune. And temp. It was over 100 degrees on the dyno today. Where it was only 50 on the last dyno. This tune felt better and smoother but not as powerful as the last one. Hopefully it was the air temps that killed me today.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just remembered something and posted in another thread. Do you have a check valve in the pcv hose on the driver side of the engine? The hose from valve coved to upper intake plenum?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
No they do not. You have boost air going into crankcase. Pressurizing it and putting resistance against the bottom of the pistons. Effectively reducing hp output.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
No they do not. You have boost air going into crankcase. Pressurizing it and putting resistance against the bottom of the pistons. Effectively reducing hp output.

Hmmm.... Gonna have to look into this myself. Any particular check Valve that should be used?

Guessing you have one? Any pics?

Top Bottom