Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The K2 Project

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to make fun of people that did this - and I gotta admit that I felt a little lame doing it - but I get it now. For those of us that don't buy wheels *EVER* (my first and likely my last set of aftermarket rims), there's definitely a level of excitement there. I was in a hurry because I was on my lunch break so I forgot to take a shot from the front toward the rear. Before I do the DJM install, I'll stick one back on there and shoot just the rim for reference on the +12 offset.

I think this is gonna turn out ALLLLLLLL RIGHT. :rock:

IMAG0778.jpg

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats gonna be sexy.

Hyper black looks kinda sliver-ish in those pics

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hyper Black is VERY silver. The only difference I can tell is that Hyper Black is painted on a black base so at certain angles you get undertones of black or dark silver.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I know you have been away for a bit.....but we post pics with our work :smile:
Glad to see you back into ur X brotha!!

DJM with varrs will look sexy as ****!

Yea, that X needs DJMin with QA1s stock height coils n sways!! :rockon:

Last edited:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know you have been away for a bit.....but we post pics with our work :smile:

I know, I know... but this my build log - probably the only one I'll ever have so I'm trying to get all the details of when/how the parts arrived and the progress. Not to mention, just hard finding time right now. I'm taking off work next week to get the DJM install done so that is a definite. Hopefully have tires here next week and get those mounted next week too before the drop kit install so they'll be ready to go once the drop is on.

Yea, that X needs DJMin with QA1s stock height coils n sways!! :rockon:

DJM, check.
New ball joints pressed in, check.
QA1s, check (already had those).
Stock height coils, check.
Sways --- XXXXXX (ran out of money in my budget) :argh:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I know, I know... but this my build log - probably the only one I'll ever have so I'm trying to get all the details of when/how the parts arrived and the progress. Not to mention, just hard finding time right now. I'm taking off work next week to get the DJM install done so that is a definite. Hopefully have tires here next week and get those mounted next week too before the drop kit install so they'll be ready to go once the drop is on.

DJM, check.
New ball joints pressed in, check.
QA1s, check (already had those).
Stock height coils, check.
Sways --- XXXXXX (ran out of money in my budget) :argh:

Yea sways can be done later.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
After all these new mods you better make it to X-fest east to show her off. :top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its all about timing... if I can get it finished in time, I'm gonna try to be there.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Looking great K2. I can't wait for the wheels and DJM to go on. Congrats on the good looking ride.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Progress has come to a stop because of work (overtime). I did go by and get a quote on paint today... Hood, Bumper, blend into fenders, repaint door handles, paint inside of grill (the black part) and partial EVO mod - $1500. I have to fly to Daytona next week on business so I'll probably leave it for paint while I'm gone. That will just leave the wheels/tires (tires should be here today) and the DJM - which may have to wait a couple more weeks.

X-Fest is definitely out for me since the paint is $500 more than I had budgeted. I need the money for the paint. Sorry but I'm already extending myself quite a bit on these upgrades.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Confirmed. Truck goes into the paint booth next Thursday. Should have it back the following Monday.

Tires are getting mounted today on the new 19s! I'm considering putting them on before the DJM drop just to see how they sit. My only fear is that I'll think it looks okay and back out of the DJM drop (like many others before me). I love the look of the DJM and have to commit to it.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
the djm will be the double wammy after the wheels. dont sell yourself short!!

Top Bottom