Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The K2 Project

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
the djm will be the double wammy after the wheels. dont sell yourself short!!

I think you're right Chris. I think I'm not even gonna put them on until I have time to do the DJM. Like I said, gotta fly to Daytona next Thursday for a meeting at the Speedway :blurock: but I think I may take Friday off and we're off Monday. That gives me a 4 day weekend to get it done. I think even my mechanically challenged self can manage it in 4 days.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
man if you alread have the ball joints in the front arms, that shouldnt take you more than an hour or two to do both sides. and the rear should take about the same. a good set of sawzall blades or cutting wheels on a angle grind will work wonders on cutting the frame. step drill all the bolt holes and it will go faster for the drilling part. the install is really not all that difficult, but may be more overwhelming for many.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dropped the truck off for paint today. Of course in my haste on my lunch break, I forgot to take before pics. :motz: I may try to email the shop and see if they'll snap some before pics for me. I should have th truck back on Tuesday with nice, fresh Radiant Red paint! Can't wait.... no more pink handles!!! :rockon:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got the truck back from paint today. Wow - what a difference! I had forgotten just how amazing the Radiant Red looked when it was new and properly painted. The bumper is the most drastic difference. From no clear coat and orange peel to just smooth, shiny perfection. And............... no more pink door handles! (as you can see in the photos tho - still have scratches inside the handle just from normal wear) : /

They forgot to give me the eyelids back so no eyelids yet. I'll have to go pick those up tomorrow or Friday. Drop kit and new wheels go on this weekend!!!!

None of these photos were color corrected. Just point, shoot and upload.

IMG_7292.jpg

IMG_7293.jpg

XRunner_Handles.jpg

Gadget

Reaction score
Wow!!!

You going to bring it to XFest so we can see it???

G

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You going to bring it to XFest so we can see it???

Not entirely sure just yet since I've officially gone over budget by $600. My wife reminds me daily. :thumbdown: So not only do I have a large loan to repay but I've dipped into our savings just to finish this thing out. If I don't make it to X-Fest, I will definitely be in the Maryland area in the next month. :top:

Looks so shiny and new.

Yes, the paint shop that I use, Sandrof Auto Body in Lynchburg, does amazing work. Top shelf for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks brand new K2. Brands spanking new. You sure they didn't swap yours out with a new one? ;)

Gadget

Reaction score
Not entirely sure just yet since I've officially gone over budget by $600. My wife reminds me daily. :thumbdown: So not only do I have a large loan to repay but I've dipped into our savings just to finish this thing out. If I don't make it to X-Fest, I will definitely be in the Maryland area in the next month. :top:

Yes, the paint shop that I use, Sandrof Auto Body in Lynchburg, does amazing work. Top shelf for sure.

OK, well we need to brainstorm here.

How do we get Klint to XFest on the cheap?

I am certain we can get you roomed up with someone. I am certain folks will have beer to share. URD can cover your dinner.

What is left? Road trip gas?

Come on man, you are coming!!!!

Now we have to get David to come.....

G

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I've already offered to fly into Roanoke and make the road trip with him and split gas. :top:

If he refuses I'll fly into Roanoke and go all white ninja and kidnap his ass.

Gadget

Reaction score
Alright then. Put his ass on the list as coming.

G

Murderface

Reaction score
Klint if it helps at all u can always stay at Casa De Murderface

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I've already offered to fly into Roanoke and make the road trip with him and split gas. :top:

If he refuses I'll fly into Roanoke and go all white ninja and kidnap his ass.

This sounds like a fantastic idea :blurock: That is only if the wife would be staying home....

Truck looks great Klint. Wouldn't hate seeing it again.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SOS kit uninstalled, new XII stock height coils installed, DJM front installation complete (just as it started pouring rain - and I'm working outside). DJM install was very easy, assuming I did it right. :) My only concern is the torque on the arms - particularly the top. I know the stock arms moved freely once the shock/spring was removed. Not the same for the DJM. With the top torqued to 45ftlb I couldn't hardly move the upper arm. Is that right? I've lowered the truck and b/c of the SOS drop my camber is terrible and tow is out as well. Will need alignment ASAP.

Weather is supposed to be good tomorrow so hopefully I can knock out the rear installation.

Also have a trick for installing the Moog boots which I'll post later. Literally installed both upper boots in about 2 minutes. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Duuuuuuuude......Newsweek pics..:...I'm dying here.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Duuuuuuuude......Newsweek pics..:...I'm dying here.

Ran outside, mounted a wheel and snapped a pic - because I don't want you to die. :laugh:

Do these new springs need to settle? Now that I've taken a pic, it doesn't seem like I'm as low as others in the front. Also, lots of creaking from bushings (I assume) when lowering the truck off the jack. Does this mean the bolts are torqued too tight or not enough grease?

(yes, I know the tire tread is backwards - just grabbed the first wheel in the shop and threw it on the side with more light - stockers are staying on until I get the drop completed)

IMG_7296.jpg

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Agh man you gotta come to XFE now!! Looks killer in the photo gotta see it in person!

Top Bottom