Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toyota Sports Car Unveiled - FT-86

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
My 1972 Celica was RWD.:motz:And yes it was the Celica then the Celica/supra and then two different cars.:top: Note there was a Celica all trax too!

I would love to get my hands on a celica all-trac. :biggrin::adore:

rice247

Reaction score
They had a Celica all-trac/GT-four which was AWD and had the 3sgte. North America just got the watered down versions.

Murderface

Reaction score
I still think it would be extremely STUPID to name this car Celica or TC. Those are both FRONT WHEEL DRIVE cars, this is a totally new platform, RWD, etc.. It should not carry the name of something that has always been FWD.

At least do a little homework before u start blabbing away. Ha Ha.

My first car was a 1983 Toyota Celica GT-S Hatchback 5 spd. It was rear wheel drive and had a 22RE FI 2.4L 4 cyl. I loved that car and drove it into the ground. I would love to get another one some day and do the work to it that I couldn't do when I was 18.

Celica FTMFW!!!!!

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
This thread deserves 5+ stars. Never heard of the FT86. Good read.

TRD-X

Reaction score
So what was Toyota's first sports car??? anyone know I do.:top:

Murderface

Reaction score
With all respect to the all trac celica, the Gen III is definately my favorite body style. Kinda reminds me of a mitsu starion Turbo/Dodge Conquest

shaX 07

Reaction score
At least do a little homework before u start blabbing away. Ha Ha.

My first car was a 1983 Toyota Celica GT-S Hatchback 5 spd. It was rear wheel drive and had a 22RE FI 2.4L 4 cyl. I loved that car and drove it into the ground. I would love to get another one some day and do the work to it that I couldn't do when I was 18.

Celica FTMFW!!!!!

Please forgive, I should have been more clear.. Since a RWD Celica has not been produced in over 15 years and there are still 1,000,000 7th gen Celica's buzzing around on the roads with fart cans, altezzas and 150whp i'd prefer it if this new car was not associated with this krew in any way shape or form.

Edgeman

Reaction score
I do wish they would put a nice DOHC 2.0L TOYOTA engine in the car! Not a big fan of Scoobys, although they do make a good rally car. I'll take Toyota reliability over Scooby...any day!

GR8DANE

Reaction score
Yep I got the email today about the update, I can't wait for this car, lol

TRD-X

Reaction score
I think it's funny all the people that know a car is coming! All the dealers got info that said it's been put on hold for now or for a couple of years. Maybe all the fans wanting a new supra is why! Did you guys think (FR-S) could mean Front engine-Rear drive- Supra??

Blu X

Reaction score
It's about time that Toyota came out with a sports car. Looks good.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Why are people saying this is the next Supra? Unless they put a Supra motor in it, it will NEVER be a Supra. Just saying....

Still like this car though.

Top Bottom