Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Track Night @ Baytown

STONER-X

Reaction score
:laugh: no..... he has a new 5.0..... pretty car might i add...

Murderface

Reaction score
Did that notch back let off or something or did u run him down? I'm thinkin he let off by the looks of his launch.

Toon714

Reaction score
Hell ya thats old skool mustang let off. He runs 11s.....

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
My best slip of the night...

Once I learn to launch the car properly, i'll be putting up much better numbers. DA was 2230' at the end of the night. DA corrected time was 12.3 @ 116mph.

IMG_20110827_193656.jpg

Not too shabby for a 2.1 60' and a near stock N/A car on 255 street tires. :biggrin:

Toon714

Reaction score
Man I wish I could of stayed till u guys left....
Gf duty sux... Lol
I think I couldve hit 13s if I stayed longer....
Only ran my truck 5 times...

STONER-X

Reaction score
i dont think 13's would have happened for us..... that night.. too hot... i couldn't get to the tree with out intake temps of 105-110 then i was not even braking 100mph... only got to 98 once... when i have crossed at 105 plenty of times.. like mark said.. good practice night.... October will be a lot better to hope for 13's...

Toon714

Reaction score
By texfest. I wilk have my turbo installed and maybe tuned too.

STONER-X

Reaction score
By texfest. I wilk have my turbo installed and maybe tuned too.

well poo on you.... :eviltongue: :smile:

you gonna have any parts that you wont be using cause of the turbo?? :smile::smile:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
We have a few more videos to add as well. Seems I need a little more Practice with the GoPro. Lol. Got one video where i was looking into the camera like three times and didn't know it was on. Lol. Was about 20 minutes long. Doof.

Definitely a good practice night.

If only I was able to shift much faster I could have improved even more. It was as I suspected for my truck though. Not upset by ant means though.

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
well poo on you.... :eviltongue: :smile:

you gonna have any parts that you wont be using cause of the turbo?? :smile::smile:

I can think of one in particular. ;) I gots dibbbz. Haha.

Toon, your truck sounds beasty. Me gusta.

Xrunnit, blazing fast time dude. Congrats.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Bring on the pics and vids!! My truck seemed pretty consistent regardless of the heat. My slowest time was a 14.7 and thats from the guys bringing water onto the track.:thumbdown: I think even with the water on the track and heat everyone did well, again just trying out the track. In my opinion the track surface was very similar to SAR. Oh and thanks to toon for letting me use his gopro!!

Toon714

Reaction score
ya ima have the afe stage 2 intake, passenager DT long tube, brand new NST overdrive kit, for sale. i think i might be saling my URD y pipe too. dont know yet.
the TRD blower is on hold for a potential buyer already. ;)
sdxrunner619- haha ya the blower does sound nice.
but hearing marks turbo passing me when we ran each other. was priceless.
made me want my turbo setup done asap!
HKS blow off valve will sound so sweet. like a lil bird singing!!

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Toon learned a good trick for his auto from trd_sport. Start in 4th. Worked also so wasn't that your best run, the time that you started in fourth?

For my truck it is clear some traction bars are needed. That way I can supress my horrible wheel hop. That will at least knock out one of the two things holding back the power that mine makes. Next is the granny shifting. Lol

There might be two more turbo Tacomas by TexFest. Toon's and Sic X's. If i don't have a new trans in, well have to get some "from a roll" vids. O_O

Toon714

Reaction score
yes when i launched in 4th running u. it launched alot better. i ran a 14.2 on that run. thumbs up to trd_sport for the advice.

my turbo installation will be at the end of sept. powerfab will handle everything i need. :)
i will HAVE this front mount done by texfest!
gonna order watevers in my signature so far tommrow. =) should be in my garage by next weekend. :)

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
ya ima have the afe stage 2 intake, passenager DT long tube, brand new NST overdrive kit, for sale. i think i might be saling my URD y pipe too. dont know yet.
the TRD blower is on hold for a potential buyer already. ;)
sdxrunner619- haha ya the blower does sound nice.
but hearing marks turbo passing me when we ran each other. was priceless.
made me want my turbo setup done asap!
HKS blow off valve will sound so sweet. like a lil bird singing!!

That afe will look really purdy next to the blower...Just saying ;)

But yah, I love the sound of a Turbo. :D

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just watched the video of Toon and I racing. Dude had a heck of a lead....will post it up soon.

Top Bottom