Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tranny problems? Yes or No

Transmission problems? Yes or No

• Total voters

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
'05 50K miles

No problems...I'm surprised I have had to reaplce the clutch. Wat is the average life of a clutch in a taco?? Used to have a wrangler and they didn't last that long, 15-20K.

My advice is to install the URD Short Throw Shifter immediatley, makes a BIG difference!

redtoyxr

Reaction score
No problems here. Ill say if you gonna abuse the truck change the oil on the transmission regularly. I only had one problem but that was because i overheated my clutch at the race track. It was stuck in 3rd gear and would not want to come out of gear till i pull the shifter really hard and finally it pop out off gear. (This was after 4 runs back to back.) I cool down the clutch and work good after that. I when back to work on monday and perform a tranny service. But if your tranny is doing it since the at that low milage i say take it in. (defective tranny)

Alexrunner

Reaction score
just got word that they arnt gonna replace the whole thing, but just replace the sycnhro thats f'd up.

Hitman

Reaction score
How do you know if you have a problem with your tranny?

17000 and no problems so far :top:

jmoore120

Reaction score
Just guessing that it would be something like: strange noises, problems shifting and stuff like that.

Hitman

Reaction score
Sometimes when Im at a stop light and I leave my clutch in nuetral. but by the time it turns green and I put it in 1st sometimes it wont budge and I have to move it to 2nd gear first and then back to 1st and it goes in.

Is that a sign of tranny problem :dontknow:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
^^^ i would say thats normal, i get that sometimes too... believe me, you will know if you have tranny problems... i think the issues most are having is with grinding of gears or at-least thats the problem i had. :top:

InkedRunner

Reaction score
Since I bought mine You can feel a tiny catch in first second and third. Since lots of you say the shift if crappy I think that is what you are talking about. I figure it is just a characteristic of the clutch/tranny. Its not 100% smooth. I thought it was me not pushing in the clutch all the way but it still does it when I push it hard to the floor. I dunno. I don't think its serious. It is what it is.

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
The only time my gears grind, is when i'm not paying attention and I miss the gear! haha:biggrin:

BLUE X

Reaction score
I Took My Xr Last Week To Get The Clutch Chech, They Said They Had To Drop The Tranny So I Had A Rent A Car,i Had An 08 Avalon And They Run Very Nice. So I Got My Truch Back They Told Me That They Had To Lubricate The Clutch Or Something Like That, My Clutch Felt A Little Better But I Feel Like If My Truck Lost Power .

I Dont Is It Because I Was Driving A An Automatic And Is Just Different Or Wat. I Only Had The Car For Three Days But I Did Like It Alot

Last edited by a moderator:

Running the X

Reaction score
My truck just broke it's second clutch tonight. Driving around town today, I noticed the tranny was acting up, popping out gear grinding a lot. I was on my way home driving normal just downshifting for a roundabout at around 15 mph and all I heard clunk and no gears at all except for a little chattering between 1,500-1,700 rpm which was enough to limp it to a parking lot about 100 ft from where I was. My X is an 07 with 4600 miles on it and I'm sick of this thing. I actually hope it breaks again after I get it back so I can lemon it

rich017

Reaction score
Do they at least fix it under warranty because I know clutches are classified as wear items.

wshsbears

Reaction score
i've had 2 tranny's replaced with no questions asked.. basically, get it to the dealer (they'll pay for a tow truck since its needed) once they try and drive it or whatever they decide to do, they'll order a new tranny which will take about 2 days and they'll install it which is about a 4hr install depending on who's doin it and how many times they've done it.. any problems, u let us know, we can find paperwork of all of our tranny's being replaced and the stealership can get over itself and do it.

X-Runnin

Reaction score
My truck just broke it's second clutch tonight. Driving around town today, I noticed the tranny was acting up, popping out gear grinding a lot. I was on my way home driving normal just downshifting for a roundabout at around 15 mph and all I heard clunk and no gears at all except for a little chattering between 1,500-1,700 rpm which was enough to limp it to a parking lot about 100 ft from where I was. My X is an 07 with 4600 miles on it and I'm sick of this thing. I actually hope it breaks again after I get it back so I can lemon it

you BROKE your second clutch... like burned it up or broke it? what gear were you shifting down to at 15 mph anyway hopefully not 1st :dontknow:

Reaction score
I burnt my cluthc at about 5k...im at about 10k...so i'm hoping this doesnt happen again...I never dropped the clutch or launched really hard but they said it was smoked...if it happens again im going to be relaly pissed :motz:

i've had 2 tranny's replaced with no questions asked.. basically, get it to the dealer (they'll pay for a tow truck since its needed) once they try and drive it or whatever they decide to do, they'll order a new tranny which will take about 2 days and they'll install it which is about a 4hr install depending on who's doin it and how many times they've done it.. any problems, u let us know, we can find paperwork of all of our tranny's being replaced and the stealership can get over itself and do it.
HAHAHAH they'll pay for a tow truck ehh? yeah right...we had to hook up to some come alongs to the front eyes of the frame and pull the truck onto a tilt trailer. No tow truck :thumpdown: and they also told me if I burnt the clutch again they won't replace it under warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom