Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT4Ever Build Thread

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Very nice.....is that a slash a see in the background!!!!!!!! Um what happened to the new pulley that the edges got all scratched up?

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Very nice.....is that a slash a see in the background!!!!!!!! Um what happened to the new pulley that the edges got all scratched up?

My friend grabbed a metal filter strap wrench and so it was working for a bit until the pulley started to cool then it slipped and the edges of the filter strap wrench scratched the edges of the pulley. Once it slipped I told him to find a real fiber strap wrench.

About 5 mins later with the pulley still having a 1/4" to go the fiber strap wrench was getting jammed between the battery and the straps since the pulley was even cooler then lol I touched up the sides with a bit of black spray paint. Looks like new again.

ISSUES!

I need some advice on why I'm running extremely rich!

On half throttle when the RPM's come around 3000 my afr starts at 10.2 once it hits 3500 RPM's my gauge is stuck at 10.0 and stays with any other higher RPM's/throttle

I got my friend to rev the engine up to around 4500 for I can see what kind of boost is going towards the fuel regulator. It looks like its going from 43psi to 52psi. Seems like once I'm in boost its injecting waayy to much fuel. My truck actually feels slower! lol

EDIT: Thank you torspd for letting me know i adjusted the fuel regulator wrong lol suppose to be done with the vacuum hose off! The regulator was saying i had 58psi running through my lines!!! It's all back to normal with a new afr of around 10.5 and the truck pulls even harder now!! ohhh yeaaahh :D

Last edited:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
A couple notes to consider that I've noticed with the the latest upgrades to the engine over the past few days

1)I'm still running ever slightly rich from 4500 RPM's+, afr is somewhere below 10.0

2)My engine is taking a few more seconds to start, is this because there's about 8 more feet of fuel line? lol

Other then that, I've been loving the new gain on the engine! Gas tank is going down fast these few days too lol

Last edited:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Did some tinkering with the fuel regulator and with the calculations I've been doing seems as if I'm gonna have to run my injectors at 85% I.D.C. to have a half decent AFR's at W.O.T.

So dropped the static pressure to 40 psi and well still too rich from 4500+RPM'S

Dropped the pressure again to around 37.5 psi and was getting better but still to rich around 4800+ RPM'S

One last time pressure drop to 35 psi and that's about as far as I will go. AFR's are still rich around 5200+ RPM's but other then that it's staying in the low 10's. This TRD tune sure makes the engine run rich -.-'

Then the fact dealing with the TRD injectors and not tryin to run a high I.D.C (injector duty cycle) lol

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
sounds like your enjoying the new power man! you should consider the CEBM (clean engine bay mod) .....i hear you can gain a good 20 hp :laugh:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
sounds like your enjoying the new power man! you should consider the CEBM (clean engine bay mod) .....i hear you can gain a good 20 hp :laugh:

Haha, I did clean up the supercharger and the intake so it's back to its nice black. Other then that yeah, hopefully il get around to it eventually.....

Yeah I'm enjoying this power a lot more then with the 2.8 lol I like the supercharger way better with the 2.7 :)

Funny though my truck threw a CEL last night and I just had a feeling it was with the fuel pressure being to low. Jumped the pressure back to around 37.5psi and now the truck has no CEL this morning and its fine? I don't have a code reader so I don't have a clue what the code was

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably something with fuel trims being to far out of range for to long.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
did you damage the 2.825" pulley when you took it off?

Ummm, I wouldn't be able to tell to see if its out of round but it has a few nicks from the puller on the back side though.

I thought about selling it really cheap because it was nicked. I thought I remember someone sayin you couldn't re-use the pulley because it was made from the aluminum and it would bend from the puller. Really though, the pulley is sitting beside the stock one right now haha

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Ummm, I wouldn't be able to tell to see if its out of round but it has a few nicks from the puller on the back side though.

I thought about selling it really cheap because it was nicked. I thought I remember someone sayin you couldn't re-use the pulley because it was made from the aluminum and it would bend from the puller. Really though, the pulley is sitting beside the stock one right now haha

ya i was just curious cause some guys seem to wreck them but some say there fine. never heard of anyone re-using one though

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Only some simple cosmetic changes again

1)Ripped off the TRD decals from the back quater panels (Same with that Noral Toyota on the side)

I think this makes the truck look a lot cleaner

2) I got this emblem off TacomaWorld, there also known as "Devil Horns" made by Andres. Waited about 2-3 months before it got to my door!

BEFORE

AFTER

3) A "new" cold air intake, really i bought this one second hand and its AFE's Stage 2 si. Thanks x20Runner05!

BEFORE

AFTER

Is there a difference in the first and second power for power feel? Truthfully probably not because i dont feel a difference what so ever lol i got it for better flow, but now im thinking its not going to matter

I did however notice that the second gen TRD doesnt have a lip under the box open to air in the engine while AFE's did. So on a dyno i have a feeling im sucking some hot air from the engine bay and actually losing a few ponies........

On the good side of things i got one ballin C.A.I. Cover!! lol

Last edited:

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
looking awesome man! i like a clean truck without all the decals! power probably didn't change at all but did the blower whine get louder with the new intake?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
There's a plug that goes in the hole your talking about on the afe

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
and have you thought about painting your grill black? i think it would look even better!

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
looking awesome man! i like a clean truck without all the decals! power probably didn't change at all but did the blower whine get louder with the new intake?

the blower wine stayed the same, it did get louder when i took the stock one off and put the second gen TRD on, still just as loud with AFE's haha

There's a plug that goes in the hole your talking about on the afe

im talking about this:

That hole on the bottom has a plug?! lol

and have you thought about painting your grill black? i think it would look even better!

nahh, i think to many people have that black look, im not saying its looks bad (it can actually look really sweet too) but im trying to be a more of a silver and blue kind of truck without going over board on the silver, pretty sure ive got the right amount on the truck so far :)

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Ya there's a plug you can put in there. Pretty sure it comes with the intake when new

Top Bottom