Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Trac Bar Finished!

FireB

Reaction score
Well, I installed the Bar today.
It was kinda weird in a sense that I was missing the huge 2 NUTS in the rear bushing section.
That's a large Nut but it was definitely missing on my set.
I was stupid enough to start the project without planning so I guess that was a problem on my side.
So if anyone is missing that huge Nut for the Bushing in the rear, they sell it at LOWE's.

Other than that, everything went smooth!

The freaky part about it is the fact that I did not have to do the 17&19mm Wrench Combo thing.
I actually had a ratcheted wrench and it did it's job.

THE RIGHT STUFF Gasket Sealant was indeed an amazing product.
Yes, it was 1 click every time I twisted but only took about 5 min of my time to tighten it right.

So for the people that has a ratcheted wrench (Not socket but the ratchet is built inside the wrench), I recommend you to do this first and then if all fails, buy the 17&19mm Combo.
You might save $17.99 for the wrench set at AutoZone.

Clewis333

Reaction score
Well, I installed the Bar today.
It was kinda weird in a sense that I was missing the huge 2 NUTS in the rear bushing section.
That's a large Nut but it was definitely missing on my set.
I was stupid enough to start the project without planning so I guess that was a problem on my side.
So if anyone is missing that huge Nut for the Bushing in the rear, they sell it at LOWE's.

Other than that, everything went smooth!

The freaky part about it is the fact that I did not have to do the 17&19mm Wrench Combo thing.
I actually had a ratcheted wrench and it did it's job.

THE RIGHT STUFF Gasket Sealant was indeed an amazing product.
Yes, it was 1 click every time I twisted but only took about 5 min of my time to tighten it right.

So for the people that has a ratcheted wrench (Not socket but the ratchet is built inside the wrench), I recommend you to do this first and then if all fails, buy the 17&19mm Combo.
You might save $17.99 for the wrench set at AutoZone.

NICE!
haha i the spacers that go inbetween the rear mount and differential i got 3 the right size and then i got one that was smaller than the rest... so i drilled through it to make it large enough (which is a biotch, i don't know what gadget made those with, but they're tough)

FireB

Reaction score
Now I got the Bar installed, I was wondering if I were to EXTEND the Bar with the adjustment, is it raising the car???
From the looks of it when installing, it kinda looked like it would actually lift the rear up a little?
Any opinion will be appreciated!

Clewis333

Reaction score
No, it just takes most of the pressure off of the threads of the turnbuckle onto to upper portion of the rear bracket.
Correct me if i'm wrong...

FireB

Reaction score
I was concerned because if it was indeed raising the car, I was thinking about a 1.5 inch drop in the rear but probably gonna have to go with the 2inch drop to kinda compensate for the raise if you know what I mean.
I'm hoping other's will chime in also!

FireB

Reaction score
Kind of wondering how tight we have to make the adjustment screws?
I think I have it tight enough but still getting slight wheel hop on 9-0 degree turns when there is a little gravel on the ground.
Any adverse effect if I were to extend the adjustment screws all the way?

FireB

Reaction score
Are you still supposed to have a little hopping with this bar or does this make the hopping totally 0?
I have my adjuster screws close to all the way out (Longest setting) and thinking now maybe I should be decreasing the length?!

If this does not solve the problem, should I be screwing the front mount screws harder?
If I screw it harder, the whole front mount seems like it wants to face toward one side instead of looking straight back to the axle?

Any knowledge would be appreciated!

Murderface

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this answer for a while now and even asked G himself because i too still get some wheel hop from time to time. Which way are u supposed to make the track bar go? If u adjust it one way the Front of the bar wants to start pointing to the ground and if u adjust the other way the bar wants to go towards the underside of the truck.
So which is it? Trac bar point toward the ground or toward the sky?

FireB

Reaction score
Yea, It would be nice to get a sold answer!
I bought this part for a good reason!

Gadget

Reaction score
Just adjust the turnbuckle until it puts a bit of upward pressure in the front mount. That is all there is to it.

The traction bar will stop the axle twisting in the springs.

You still need a decent shock to dampen the up and down movement of the wheels.

If you want to experiment with cranking that turn buckle to one extreme or the other feel free to experiment.

G

FireB

Reaction score
Just adjust the turnbuckle until it puts a bit of upward pressure in the front mount. That is all there is to it.

The traction bar will stop the axle twisting in the springs.

You still need a decent shock to dampen the up and down movement of the wheels.

If you want to experiment with cranking that turn buckle to one extreme or the other feel free to experiment.

G

I'm assuming putting an upward pressure means to lengthen the turnbuckle right?
Just making things clear!
I do realize how mushy the stock shocks are so that's something that has to be changed later.
But I got the idea.

Thanks!

Murderface

Reaction score
I know I have mine adjusted that way but I guess I need to go more. I also have QA1's

Emanon

Reaction score
My working assumption was lengthening the turnbuckle resulted in less play in the bar and would cause the bar to kick in, if you will, sooner. Whereas shortening it meant more movement before the bar engaged.

All I know is I find adjusting it to be a PITA. :laugh:

Tunedx

Reaction score
I'm installing this bar tommorrow. Hope everything goes smooth. I was kinda putting it off but need to get her down.

Clewis333

Reaction score
You ever get the trac bar installed Tunedx? i know you had some problems

FireB

Reaction score
My tranny fluid juuuust started to leak. It's one of those annoying amount where you don't get the drop on the ground but enough to make it wet on the bottom side of the Diff.
I hope it won't turn in to a real leak!

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^if u have trans fluid leaking out ur diff u have a bigger problem then u think lolz. It will get worse over time from the constant strain put on the diff bracket. Get urself some Permatex Right Stuff and tear into that bitch!!

Top Bottom