Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X-Runner production suspended.......

5000XD

Reaction score
Maybe we getting a V8 automatic X-Runner :laugh:

jCross

Reaction score
WTF!?!?!? How dare you!? The "A" word....:ahhhhh: That would be good for the strip. I just cant see performance coming with two pedals.... A friend of mine has an SVT F-150, ya know.... I always slide right around him in the twisties.:biggrin:

shaX 07

Reaction score
WTF!?!?!? How dare you!? The "A" word....:ahhhhh: That would be good for the strip. I just cant see performance coming with two pedals.... A friend of mine has an SVT F-150, ya know.... I always slide right around him in the twisties.:biggrin:

Yeah I don't quite understand why people want an X-Runner with an automatic transmission... I guess everyone has their preferences but I prefer the 6 speed manual.

jCross

Reaction score
indeed... Tho it does have its problems, I like it. Would be nice to see Toyota introduce a new version. Im thinkin swap.

And I dont wanna see the X die off yet.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Alright guys...got a little intel today from Toyota:

Toyota is only making 29 more 2009 X-Runners...all of them SWB! This will be the final production run for the 2009 7153 (X-Runner).

Whatever is still in the allocation pipeline or on the ground at dealerships (like our 2009 BR thats still here at our dealership) is all that will be available for sale. That's all the info I received today regarding the X, I'm still waiting on the 2010 Model Reference Guide.

5000XD

Reaction score
Yeah I don't quite understand why people want an X-Runner with an automatic transmission... I guess everyone has their preferences but I prefer the 6 speed manual.

I don't care honestly, I admire both, if they are dependable. At the moment our tranny isn't that dependable so them changing it out for a more 'powerful' automatic tranny wouldn't bother me at all.

BSNA-Dark-Angel

I'm a girl!!!
Reaction score
I don't care honestly, I admire both, if they are dependable. At the moment our tranny isn't that dependable so them changing it out for a more 'powerful' automatic tranny wouldn't bother me at all.
ya same here... i race my bf and my standard pulls away from the auto. not only that then every tom **** n harry will have an x

Toyota is only making 29 more 2009 X-Runners...all of them SWB! This will be the final production run for the 2009 7153 (X-Runner).

Whatever is still in the allocation pipeline or on the ground at dealerships (like our 2009 BR thats still here at our dealership) is all that will be available for sale. That's all the info I received today regarding the X, I'm still waiting on the 2010 Model Reference Guide.
wow 29 SWB... the BRM, RR, BSP is more rare now...LOL

Last edited:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
david, do you have any total numbers for the 2009s that were produced?
It would take a loonnnggg time to figure that out:thumpdown:. I started to pull reports and look through Toyota's database a couple months ago, but gave up:laugh:...

Maybe one day when I have a week to spare, I'll look it up again.
Yea, I don't know why they decided to make the last batch all SWB:dontknow:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Maybe we getting a V8 automatic X-Runner :laugh:

Theoretically, they could base a future Tacoma on the Tundra platform and make the Tundra even BIGGER :ahhhhh:

slap a body kit on it, drop it 2 inches and BAM... Automatic V8

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
RR FTW! Glad to see they dont make RR 09's and keeping the SWB still rolling

5000XD

Reaction score
For me the great thing about a manual is that you can control the engine (rpms).

A manual pulling away from an automatic does not mean that a manual is superior over the automatic. Far from it, there are currently automatic transmissions available that can give you far quicker shifts then when you'r manually shifting.

Last edited:

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
It would take a loonnnggg time to figure that out:thumpdown:. I started to pull reports and look through Toyota's database a couple months ago, but gave up:laugh:...

Maybe one day when I have a week to spare, I'll look it up again.

Ehh, no worries man. I still find it funny though that they wouldn't put production numbers somewhere on the truck...they did it with the special scions.

preXrunner

Reaction score

I pumped to know what's coming in 2010!!!

pro_p8ntball

Reaction score
ya same here... i race my bf and my standard pulls away from the auto. not only that then every tom **** n harry will have an x

i couldn't agree more. right now, only real drivers can get one.:driver:lol

BSNA-Snow-White

Reaction score
hey hey if i could get a 4 door long bed six speed i would have had it and give you RUBS...

X-Pablo

Reaction score
My guess is they made the first batch all of '09 BSP, then BRM and now SWB.

I've seen quite a few new '09 Tacoma's from the factory come up here, by car carrier trucks crossing the border. None of the ones I've seen were X-Runners.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
***Update***

Received this email today regarding the 2010 Tacoma...Looks like were gonna have to wait another month to get any more info, all I know from this email is that the 2010 Tacoma production starts in July:

2010TVO.jpg

2010TVO.jpg

greyfox

Reaction score
So where in Cali can I find a 2009 speedway blue xrunner

Top Bottom