Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Clutch went out

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much the clutch is, I know the OEM flywheel is about $500, so I would imagine just a hair over that. :dontknow:

Reaction score
whats this manufacture defective clutch is it a TSB or recall?

FYI......
Well, if your truck is under 36k miles or whatever warranty you got on and you got tranny probs, DONT GET AN AFTER MARKET CLUTCH since it will void your warranty on the tranny. At least thats what the district sales rep told me when I took my truck into the stealership for the "manufacturer defective clutch". They will used it against you and they won't replace the tranny for free when it decides to burn up the syncros.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
So quick update, I was suppose to get the truck back tonight, looks like I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow morning now. They say that they are having trouble putting parts back on because of the headers, lol. Those are some competent mechs for ya. I was able to put them on in my driveway with basic tools, and they aren't able to work with them in a shop.

They also said that they wanted to road test it first to make sure there wasn't any issues... So one more day w/o the truck. :thumpdown:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Well I finally got my truck back!! :biggrin:

The mechs at Toyota aren't very smart though. So I had my B&M ss on the truck and instead of them removing the entire assembly from the tranny, they decided to take it apart completely. Well turns out they didn't know how to put it back together. So they just sort of put the parts back in the SS housing. So the shifter was hardly functional. There was much play in gear as there would be if the truck was in neutral. I was able to put the truck in first but move the shifter to the 5th gear position.

Well as soon as I got home (live just a few miles from the dealership) I pulled the ss apart, and had to piece it back together correctly. Needless to say, the ss is fixed and truck is running like a champ again. The design for the B&M ss is a VERY well thought out design for presicion shifting. Congrats to them. :top:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Cheers, more BSPs to rule the road. Glad to hear it all worked out man. :top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Still in time for the 23rd. You Game?

Sorry bro, not gonna be able to make it. :thumpdown:

Got too much going on this weekend (with packing up the remainder of my stuff for the move), then next weekend is my drive out to TX.

Don't have the extra cash to drive an extra 600 miles (on top of the 1300 the following weekend), plus I'm gonna hold off on real heavy racing until I put in a perf clutch. Would suck bahls to get out there and blow another clutch. :ahhhhh:

SrtBrad

Reaction score
A good friend of mine with a similar setup to mine lives in Austin Texas. His name is Robert Buckley. He has an 05Srt10 RC. I think he will run you when you are ready. If there is anything you will need in Austin let me know and I can see if I can help. You are a stand up guy in my book.:rock::rock:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
A good friend of mine with a similar setup to mine lives in Austin Texas. His name is Robert Buckley. He has an 05Srt10 RC. I think he will run you when you are ready. If there is anything you will need in Austin let me know and I can see if I can help. You are a stand up guy in my book.:rock::rock:

I appreciate the kind words. I'll def look into running him when I get out there. :top:

Top Bottom