Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Build

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Just wait till I get the fancy wheels and tires. Like these.
product_photo-xlarge_image-435.jpg

Then Lucario can be a proper wheel slut. Just saving up for some internals. :crinklehair:

Those r sweet.... N e more like em? I like those it doesn't scream hey I'm a truck wheel...

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Thats because they are for vipers........

customer_vehicle-_image-168.jpg

Last edited:

Grumpy

Reaction score
Like this...
DSC_8282.JPG

The largest Viper dealer in the nation is not too far from here.

Following the footsteps off a local famous wheel whore. :laugh:

Wish I was, whore makes money off what they love to do. Since I do it for fun and mostly my own amusement,that only make me a wheel slut. :laugh:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Got these awhile ago.

I'm hoping it'll tighten up the steering and get rid of this stupid noise that is pronounced on left turns and when going over bumps when the spring is compressed and uncompressed . It really only happens when I have a passenger, but very rarely do I hear if by myself during the same situations. Some of my friends suggested that it is the rubber isolator on top of the spring, which makes sense. I just need some free time from work to have down time on Lucario.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang. I forgot to call on that piece.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Newest mod.

This is really a very nice piece for my truck that coupe made.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember seeing those in his shop. That is such a schmexy cover! :adore:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Indeed sir, this is a wonderful piece. I think it compliments the engine bay nicely.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Time for a little update. I recently fixed a weird clunking noise coming from the passenger side of my truck, turn out to be the lower ball joints.

On the left was the driver side ball joint which was in decent shape. On the right is the passenger side ball joint which was shot. I can press and pull it and have a little bit of play. Not good and obliviously off the truck I can see this right away.

So I bought these raybestos ones because they are blue, like Lucario, and that they have a polyurethane boot as well as a zerk fitting.

So far I like how my truck drives, hopefully I can get a good feel at the next autocross event.
In the hunt for the noise which was the ball joints I took my coil over assembly off and had a chance to compare the TRD bilsteins to the regular toyota ones. picture shows the difference in diameter clearly.

Then I went off to race at MSRH and had a blast.
Calm before the storm was the thought in my head when I snapped this picture, however, I did not meant it literally.

As it turned out it rained on race morning. Still lucky for us it turned out to be a nice day for racing.

1st heat in the rain.

If you can see the Mclaren mp4 you can see it has a flat tire. I do not remember if it happened in the 1st heat or the 2nd but it never raced afterwards. In the end a tow truck came to get it. After this Lucario started to act weird there was much more roll and understeer on right turns, turned out that endlink feel out.
mad.gif
My fastest time was around 2:01 so I was unable to best my fastest time but with the complications of a powersteering leak (overfilled do to cavitation and trying to disperse that with powersteering fluid) and a suspension issue (the endlink) still it was fun racing with my friends and learning new lines. At least now I'm that more prepared and more knowledgeable in clocking a lap of under 2 minutes.
Getting race gas......

And this bee was chilling on my hatch for a hour or so after the event ended.

So time for more mods. Well after dealing with the lower ball joints and assuming the same fate for the uppers I'm buying this many for the much more robust joint and the dust cap for added protection, plus it looks sexy.
5-8550__toyota_uniball_arm_tacoma_fj_4runner__09031_zoom.jpg

But my next mod, besides new speakers, is this BBK from tundra racing.
prstoptech.jpg

I really wanted to buy the TRD FJ bbk but I'm tired of waiting because on the stop sale as the result from the recall. I might get into contact with them and see if they can implement the stoptech trophy caliper with my set. Also I can't wait to get my catch can from the 42DD gb.
biggrin.gif
I also saving up for more go fast goodies.
wink.gif
I would love to get my hands on the bigger throttle body from the 2nd gen 1gr and a oil cooler, to start things off.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be either extremely tired, or inebriated at time of posting.o_O

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
For realz....what was all that said about the control arms?? Interested in those as well.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Beautiful.. great find... Now the lowers n coilovers maybe... I'm dyin for a set. FUDGE!!!!

Top Bottom