Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Naturally Aspirated Horsepower & Supporting Mods

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Just don't do this...
101_2061.jpg

101_2065.jpg

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh....:ahhhhh:

Don't do that. Don't do that....

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
What you talking about? Its got ALL the low end and thats all you need. (TW logic) lol

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Hahahaha! Wow.. No... it WONT be like that at all. :ahhhhh:

Ok, so i am wondering now if the piece i have made doesnt have the mandrel bends in it, will it be reasonably close to the same thing?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
He hasn't yet installed his. He still needs a few more parts first.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Correct, its just sitting in my room right now. I need the hose, FPR, misc fittings and thats it I think. I just haven't had the time to order everything right now. Plus I still need to assemble it. :frown:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
It just adds to the supply of fuel. Mainly it is beneficial if you are F/I.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What is it suppose help u with

Under the high demand from a a high HP engine, which requires lots of fuel, a larger ID fuel rail is necessary to have more volume. That way you run less of a chance of running out of fuel in the rail due to the large demand.

dramad1

Reaction score
I keep seeing this thread and want to post in it so here goes,
Can I get a rough hp estimate. I hq e never dyno'd the x but am curious what kinda power I may be putting down.
Here is a list of mods:
Nst mani spacer
Afe stage 2 si
Jba LT's
Urd mkii 3" cb
Ss street drop & xii sway kit
Just looking for a rough estimite on hp

Future mods:
Urd y pipe
Ucon ems
Bbk
Trd sc
Wal 255 fuel pump
Composite leafs
Wide band
Second muffler or resonator

Few other questions, would upgrading the fuel pump help my numbers being n/a? And if I did could I or would I be able to upgrade the injectors to say 425's? If so would I have to have a tune.
It may be a while before I'm able to upgrade to a sc so I may pick up a
Maf cal as I sold my old one. If I needed to toon for bigger injectors could I use the maf cal?
I would like to get my x as fast as possible while staying n/a before I make the jump to a sc. Is there any other mods I can do to achieve this goal?
Thanx fellas

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
But i thought he was n/a

Never hurts to be prepared for a possible future.

Can I get a rough hp estimate. I hq e never dyno'd the x but am curious what kinda power I may be putting down.
Here is a list of mods:
Nst mani spacer
Afe stage 2 si
Jba LT's
Urd mkii 3" cb

Future mods:
Urd y pipe
Ucon ems
Bbk
Trd sc
Wal 255 fuel pump
Composite leafs
Wide band

Few other questions, would upgrading the fuel pump help my numbers being n/a? And if I did could I or would I be able to upgrade the injectors to say 425's? If so would I have to have a tune.
Maf cal as I sold my old one. If I needed to toon for bigger injectors could I use the maf cal?
I would like to get my x as fast as possible while staying n/a before I make the jump to a sc. Is there any other mods I can do to achieve this goal?
Thanx fellas

If no one else answers before me, I will answer in the morning.

Last edited:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Here is a list of mods:
Nst mani spacer
Afe stage 2 si
Jba LT's
Urd mkii 3" cb

Future mods:
Urd y pipe
Ucon ems
Bbk
Trd sc
Wal 255 fuel pump
Composite leafs
Wide band

Thanx fellas

I'll touch on the injectors. Fuel pump doesnt help with numbers it just ensures that the fuel is gonna get there when u upgrade on making more power. More power equals more fuel and somethings gotta supply it.

If u get bigger injectors yes u need to tune. I believe u have to set the duty cycle if im not mistaken to what your running.

If im correct the Mafcal does not tune for injectors. Never really learned to much about it. Im more into the whole full control thing..

I wouldnt get 425's.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Quite slacking and do it. :eviltongue: Let's see what you got. :D

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll touch on the injectors. Fuel pump doesnt help with numbers it just ensures that the fuel is gonna get there when u upgrade on making more power. More power equals more fuel and somethings gotta supply it.

If u get bigger injectors yes u need to tune. I believe u have to set the duty cycle if im not mistaken to what your running.

If im correct the Mafcal does not tune for injectors. Never really learned to much about it. Im more into the whole full control thing..

I wouldnt get 425's.

Quoted from Gadget about the Maf Cal.

There is a lot of tuning the URD MAF Calibrator in closed loop mode. You cannot alter the fuel mixture in closed loop mode with it, but you can do a lot of tuning there. We have other products that are used for altering fuel mixture in closed loop.
There are a lot of intake systems on the market that are not very well designed and cause a lot of significant induced MAF sensor error. For example on the 5vz the K&N Series 63 will cause the engine to run very lean and cause a significant positive fuel trim deviation. The Volant for the 1GR Tacoma makes the engine run very rich and causes a significant negative fuel trim deviation in closed loop from the ECU trying to compensate for it. The there is the new TRD for the 1GR Tacoma that make the engine run lean and a significant positive fuel trim deviation in closed loop.

We use the MAF Cal in closed loop to recalibrate the MAF sensor to the new tube and fix the induced sensor errors caused by poorly designed intake systems. Still tuning closed loop and fixing problems. So, yes there is a lot of closed loop tuning to be done with the MAF Cal.

You can also compensate for injectors that are different size from stock.

Just wanted to clear that up, the rest of the post is on target.

G

Dramad1, double check and make sure that you can use the URD 4x4 Y-pipe. I am pretty sure you can.

With your current mods, you should be around ~230whp and ~280wtq.

Last edited:

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
Here is a list of mods:
Nst mani spacer
Afe stage 2 si
Jba LT's
Urd mkii 3" cb

Future mods:
Urd y pipe
Ucon ems
Bbk
Trd sc
Wal 255 fuel pump
Composite leafs
Wide band

Thanx fellas

I would say 235 & 275 respectively.
Just Do It
Dyno time.
Also was told ugrading fuel pump @ this many miles never hurts, plus help with proper fuel delivery. Also this seeking tha answer to this question

What other mods can be done to max out an n/a X-Runner after,
Intake, pullies, spacer, long tubes, y pipe, exhaust, 7th & bigger inj w/ tuning device?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Light weight flywheel, meth (since it cools the intake temps so much, or you can also add timing), cams.

Then you get into doing internal work. Such as port and polish, over boring the cylinders, higher compression pistons.
Higher compression though, means that you are leaning towards staying more N/A.

Top Bottom