Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Naturally Aspirated Horsepower & Supporting Mods

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Quite slacking and do it. :eviltongue: Let's see what you got. :D

Gonna get my exhaust leaks (headers and so on) fixed then hopefully do it in the next month or two. Always wanted to know what kinda power im making now. Ill prob try to line up a couple other canucks and all go the same day if possible.

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Gonna get my exhaust leaks (headers and so on) fixed then hopefully do it in the next month or two. Always wanted to know what kinda power im making now. Ill prob try to line up a couple other canucks and all go the same day if possible.

Do eet!

What mods you got bro?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Do eet!

What mods you got bro?

Guess i Should update my mod list lol..

dtlts (gen 2 coming soon old ones are cracked), urd y pipe, magnaflow catback, maf cal, trd intake, lightweight crank pulley , lightweight flywheel. theres a couple more but those are the most important ones for this purpose lol

also gonna try to get gadget to raod tune my maf cal this year at xfest. So ill prob wait for that.

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Just cause that guy knows one vehicle, doesn't mean he knows another vehicle the same. Nothing against him though.

The proof is clear my friend. The 1GR responds EXTREMELY well breathing in and breathing out. It has been heavily restircted from the factory.

The thing about the URD Y than makes it the nicest, is that:
1 - it is 16 gauge 304 Stainless steel. (Strong)
2 - it is all mandrel bent, it doesn't have all of the kinks and reductions in size that bog down the flow.
3 - it bolts right up, and doesn't have any leaks at any of the welds.

1GRracer picked up about 30 whp and 20 wtq near the end of his rpm range. About 5700 rpms

Do this mod to the URD Y-pipe, if you have a 3" exhaust, and you will pick up even a little more hp/tq. http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=42949

Or you can just cut off the flange and weld in an extra muffler. Same effect and with less rasp:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Or you can just cut off the flange and weld in an extra muffler. Same effect and with less rasp:top:

Correct. The other point about that mod in particular, is not only opening it up, but keeping a flange. Retaining the ability to easy remove exhaust components when necessary, while also increasing flow.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing that or V band the Y to the stock catback or just do it when I make a custom 3in one. Right now I'm leaning towards v bands.

shane881510

Reaction score
buying injectors for turbo. using stand alone engine management. aem I'd say

X-FREAK

Reaction score
I'm very surprised on how big of a power difference you can make with more air and exhaust flow and a better tune, Def. would like to get more power out of my truck without going the full S/C route just yet

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Im gonna try to get a dyno thursday at ptuning here in va

Ducracer

Reaction score
just back from baseline dyno run with just k&n drop in. 08 with 27k miles 212whp 256 torque on dynojet. they printed my sheet with a friends vw so the plot is a bit of a mess but at least its a starting point

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
just back from baseline dyno run with just k&n drop in. 08 with 27k miles 212whp 256 torque on dynojet. they printed my sheet with a friends vw so the plot is a bit of a mess but at least its a starting point

Post that up. It would be a great addition.

JPAYNE722, can you also post your graph in here, and list the mods?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Post both, and the description that the higher one is a formula based off of the dyno that was used.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mrguy3391's UNCORRECTED

Thats pretty good. Here is mine from a couple of years ago. I was just running a stock tune on the maf cal, dtlt headers, urd 3" exhaust and my trd cai.
scan0007.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom