Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saddest Day Of My Life 3/16/2009

jmoore120

Reaction score
In Loving Memory
William W. Moore - "Billy"
8/22/1942 - 3/16/2009

After a 7 and 1/2 year battle with what started out as small cell lung cancer, my father passed away Monday night at 7pm due to brain cancer. Me, my wife and kids along with my mom, brother, oldest sister along with her husband and their two kids watched my father take his last breaths on this earth at his home Monday evening. My father was a U.S. Navy Veteran and retired Baton Rouge Firefighter (36 years of service), he was 66 years old.

We first found out that my dad had lung and kidney cancer shortly after my oldest son was born. The diseased kidney was removed and with treatment, the lung cancer went away only to return about a year later. More treatments followed and it went away again. Next was bladder cancer, which was successfully removed. Lung cancer came back and went away again. Lung cancer came back and he was diagnosed as Stage IV, Terminal. Shortly after that he was diagnosed with brain cancer. In the past 6 weeks my father went from getting around on his own, to needing a walker then needing a wheelchair. About 2 weeks ago, he was unable to get out of the bed and pretty much quit eating except for very small amounts that my mom could get him to eat. This past Saturday, his speach was so low that you could barely understand what he was saying. By Sunday, you could not understand anything he was saying but he would still look at you when you talked to him. By Monday morning, he wasnt even trying to talk and wouldnt look at you when you tried to talk and by Monday evening, his vitals started to decrease rapidly. It was a very hard experience for us but we are glad that we were able to be by his side during his last moments. The Hospice staff that assisted us with my father were great and definitely a blessing.

Sorry for the long depressing read. Thanks for letting me share.

For the guys that sent me PM's in regards to items that I have for sale, Ill get with you next week sometime.

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
dang man I'm really sorry to hear that man. My prayers go out with you and your family. I know how family oriented you are and to lose a family member especially a parent is really hard. Once again man my prayers go out with you. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

xXLuckyiAMXx07

Reaction score
im sorry to hear your loss brother.. keep your head up high you father is in a better place man

Vince77

Reaction score
I'm so sorry that happened to your father. I can only imagine the pain.

My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few months ago. Not nearly as serious, but cancer none the less. My condolences to you and your family.

NixXR462

Reaction score
Im sorry to hear about your dad. I know once my parents die I'm not going to be able to handle it.

Vashx51

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I know how that feels cause I watched my grandfather die a few years ago. You have to look at the up side you were all there with him so he wasn't alone. If you were not there you would regret it. I wasn't there for my grandmother and I still regret that years later. We've all lost some one at some point and feel your pain.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about the loss of your father bro. I don't know if you're a believer or not, but if so - then you know he's in a much better place now. You and your family will be in my prayers this week.

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
im truly sorry to hear of your loss there friend. my thoughts go out to you and your family. keep your head up high and just remember that your father is in a much better place where he can no longer suffer and go through any pain. hang in there brother

blackx07

Reaction score
im sorry about your dad you came over sunday i think it was an you never mentioned it but i can understand why. i know it must be hard. my prayers will be going out to you and your family. stay strong and remember that he isnt in pain anymore and that he is in a much better place. keep your head up

disciple X

Reaction score
my prayers will be with you and your family... sorry for your loss my friend. keep your head up bro, i'm sure it's what your father would want.

808HAWAIIAN

Reaction score
im sorry for your loss... keep your head up and your family will be in my prayers

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
sorry about your loss.

my uncle was diagnosed with a tumor on his heart..they removed it. hardest time of my life. cancer is one serious disease. wish there was a cure.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
My sympathies and prayers go out to you.
Sorry about your loss.

WCD

Reaction score
My condolences are with you. I lost my pops about 3 years ago - I miss him every damn day.

Top Bottom