Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

STS 4.0 dyno #'s!!!

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I think what DS is saying is that there will be a difference just not the amount that is being shown here.

Simplex Effect

Reaction score
If I was keeping my X-R, I would have already had a rear-mount Turbo kit.

Before it was impounded I had the money to do so, sadly that went down the drain.

I wish someone would just buy the kit and get it dyno'd at a shop with another URD or TRD S/C X-runner.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I wasnt trying to drop an ad for STS but did want the truth to be told about it.:biggrin:

And your correct, PSI & CFM are to different measurments. Related but different.

You can have a 66mm turbo running at 10 psi and a 76mm turbo running at the same 10 psi but the 76mm turbo will generate more power because it is moving more cfm's

Do you sell the STS kits?

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Boost pressure and the CFM go hand in hand to create power. You need both figures to make a valid judgment of what the FI system will do.

Paradise Racing

Reaction score
Yes we do but since I just registered and I am not a paying sponsor....yet, I do not want to disrespect the other paying sponsors and forum mods.

Please contact me privatley and I will give you information.

Thanks!!!

Luis

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yes we do but since I just registered and I am not a paying sponsor....yet, I do not want to disrespect the other paying sponsors and forum mods.

Thanks!!!

Luis

Ahhhhhh so an ad it was! Dont BS me! :laugh: How does that celica of yours treat you dude, thats a hell of a toy!!!!

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Agreed but PSI is still PSI. rofl. :laugh:
Of course, it doesn't matter if it's in your engine manifold or in a basketball. Pressure is pressure is pressure. PSI, inHg, Bar, ATM's... all the same thing :top:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Of course, it doesn't matter if it's in your engine manifold or in a basketball. Pressure is pressure is pressure. PSI, inHg, Bar, ATM's... all the same thing :top:

dont forget kPa :top:

Justin

JA-Xrunner

Reaction score

Thanks!!!

Luis
Welcome Paradise, you finally reach, as i said in the e-mail just post around on the forums, we need help and as much info we can get on the 1GR powerplant.

trd_sport

Reaction score
All I want to know is what turbo and injectors are used on this kit? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY....not even STS would give me any technical information on the kit until I sent them 3500. How am I suppossed to decide if what I'm getting for 3500 is worth it? Luis, why not build a traditional setup for the 4.0? Also, off topic, but were are all the internals for the 4.0 that you're capable of putting together? Why not say forget STS and offer something better?:top:

Gadget

Reaction score
I have no idea what STS is going to ship with thier kits. They might not even know yet.

I did see one of their kits at SEMA being marketed by a reseller of theirs under the brand/company name of ThunderMax or something like that.

That dyno chart that was posted up was done by those people after having the truck tuned by unichip. The combination that truck had was stock injectors, FMU, fuel pump, STS system and a unichip.

Those guys were kind of goofy, claimed it was approved by TRD/Toyota and retains full factory Toyota warranty. TRD liked it and approved it. Toyota will warranty it because it is the same boost as the TRD supercharger, and about a dozen other very goofy statements.

They did confirm that that chart was from thier truck and it represents crank HP extrapolated from a wheel dyno an that real RWHP was around 310 HP.

I climbed under the truck and took a dozen pictures of everthing including the big hole cut in the bed for the poked up cone filter.

My guess is that hole cut in the middle of the bed was their idea of cool and not something recommended by STS.

Please don't take anything that I write as bashing STS. I simply want to clear up the real deal about that dyno chart. The way it is published is misleading.

I can tell you that URD has shipped a lot of fuel delivery and engine management systems to people that bought STS system and needed to get them to run correctly. When they are all dialed in and fueled properly they do seem to run well.

Gadget

jncomatrix

Reaction score
Id like to clear the air on some of the STS questions
I dont represent them in any way or am I getting paid by them. I do have one of their kits on my 2003 toyota matrix xrs 6pd. It came with their own fuel management system which my tech upgraded the fuel lines and the way the fuel delivery system worked and I ugraded to a walbro pump. It uses an external oil pump to move oil to the turbo in the back of the car. The oil pump is located right near the turbo and housing. My kit was for a toyota tacoma 2003. They sent me the kit with a gt32 turbo, tial wastegate, manual boost control at 5 lbs, and some piping. I had to make my own exhaust system to work on my matrix since it was for a tacoma. We had to change the exhaust size to be decreasing at it went to the turbo and their is a charge pipe that runs parallel to the exhaust into the intake manifold. I kept the stock injectors and used unichip the original version old school now to tune the system. It gave me 45 more horse at the wheels at 5lbs of boost. I have daily driven it with over 15000 miles on it and never sucked anything up into it nor water since it does rain here in the pnw. The only problem I had was the cat went bad which was stock and upgraded that and the turbo bearing was leaking oil so it had to be sent back to sts which they sent to a turbo company in indiana to rebuild it and get it back to me. I believe they were precision turbos or something like that. Dont know their relationship other than supplier maybe. Its a great kit and have seen cars in action at the sema proving grounds and they sound and move way better than my matrix does. I paid 3500 for the kit plus install and all the extra goodies like hks ssqv bov, pump, temp coating charge pipe, guages and tuning. total about 6000.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
It just doesn't seem worth it. 6k and no intercooler... above 7psi-ish heat soak will kill the power like crazy. And something just feels wrong about putting a turbo under the car like that.

Top Bottom