Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

STS front mount conversion nearly complete

zr2ee

Reaction score
just got the truck back from the shop today, feels really good. throttle response is 100 fold better and picked up a bit of power too, going back in thurs to get the catch can and x-1 installed and tuned. i'll break out some dyno numbers after i get it back but here's some pics

2010-05-21%2017.18.30.jpg

2010-05-21%2017.18.11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Looks really good, but is there a story behind this? Wouldn't it be more of a custom setup than an STS front mount conversion?

I assume you bought the STS realized all the flaws so decided to have a front mount setup made using some of the components?
Either way congrats on the boost and get us some numbers.

zr2ee

Reaction score
Looks really good, but is there a story behind this? Wouldn't it be more of a custom setup than an STS front mount conversion?

I assume you bought the STS realized all the flaws so decided to have a front mount setup made using some of the components?
Either way congrats on the boost and get us some numbers.

thanks, ya about the only STS parts left are the turbo, intercooler and charge piping to the manifold, unichip and FMU are still there but will be replaced with the x-1 next week.

as far as the story goes, i walked in just for a x-1 install/tune and walked out with a custom front mount kit. right now its running about 6 pounds where it was running 8 before but its still pushing out more power, we'll see about cranking it up a bit when i get the tune dialed in. still alot of work to be done but its good to have that part out of the way

some new coilovers and the ride as well

http://cid-dd6b49e1adec1a56.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/turbo/2010-05-21 18.58.19.jpg

http://cid-dd6b49e1adec1a56.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/turbo/2010-05-21 18.58.44.jpg

Generation-X

Reaction score
That thing should have some good get up and go! Let us know quick what that thing can do!

zr2ee

Reaction score
it's definately got some kick to it, i'll see if i can get some vids tomorrow and i'll be takin it back to the track this summer, i need to get my lines painted cause they look kind of ghetto. the wastegate is tials brand new replacement for the 44, it has a watercooling feature which i really don't need but he threw it in there so its pretty cool anyways, its smaller than the original 44 and sounds pretty crazy

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am soooo jealous. Can't wait to see the vids and #'s. I know you are relieved having it this way though.:top:

zr2ee

Reaction score
ya it definately feels alot better even if the bill didn't, i tried to get some takeoff vids yesterday but the files kept corrupting on my phone so it wasn't a clear shot, thats what i get for rooting and overclocking it i guess. i'll see if i can get something up soon.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking freaking good man. Once you get those cam gears in and tuned up, you will feel, and we will see a huge improvement:top:

zr2ee

Reaction score
"that was pretty good"

lol.... yeah for us non-boosted fellas.... that was f-in amazing!!! :biggrin:

haha you should see my roomates 400rwhp 350z...now THATS f-in amazing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom