Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

STS front mount conversion nearly complete

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any updates on this old thing?

zr2ee

Reaction score
Had to dust off the cobb webbs to remember what all i wrote up. made a few tweaks since this was completed.

Swapped the stock A750F for a full IPT performance 750F and high stall torque converter (still haven't dropped the hammer to try out the stall), had a local do some port and polishing on the throttle body and intake manifold (can't say i noticed any difference though). Fixed all my boost leaks adjusting the intercooler piping and peak ~10lbs. of boost, haven't had it dyno'd recently. Added some icon long travel resi-coilovers and billet upper control arms. other additions were cosmetic, mesh grille and custom clazzio seat covers and seat heaters.

Recently towed a double axle out to the sand dunes (first time with the new trans) surprised the hell out of some guy in a cummins, he asked me if i had a diesel swap lol. Trans shifts felt much better than stock with the load and it performed well. still have some quirks with the map on the X-1, several rich spots where it bogs or decides to lean out when i slowly drop out of boost but still am in the throttle, still have the idle rev hop, and still getting some CEL's for O2 sensors and cylinder misfires that i can't find, mostly happens in the cold weather. I don't have the map anymore and neither does my tuner and i know APR doesn't support it anymore so i think i'm SOL on that front.

I have been looking at Gadget's new product line up and been interested in some of the new throttle body adapters but with still running the stock block and not being able to adjust my tune i think i'm going to keep that one off my list for the time being. I have been thinking about upgrading to a UCON but i'm not sure how well a custom turbo setup is supported map wise.

For the time being i'm happy to have a reliable vehicle that gets me from A to B and still has some shock and awe status along the way.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well post up some pictures already, damn it! Don't just tease us with words. :eviltongue:

How long ago did you have your transmission built by IPT?

Rennurx was running the UCON on his front mount. So that does make it a possibility for you. Just dont install the cam gears, as they aren't for turbo only setups.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
AEM will definitely work as well. :top:

zr2ee

Reaction score
Most recent trip out to the sand dunes

20140404_160737.jpg

Transmission for sale after IPT swap!

20130802_083728.jpg

Clazzio seats going in.

IMG_20121128_170612.jpg

IMG_20121129_131855.jpg

Out for a little practice

IMG_20121115_154902.jpg

new Billet UCA's

IMG_20120614_191534.jpg

almost recent lol

IMG_20120405_140217.jpg

i swapped in the IPT trans at 90k and i'm at 105k now, it's been running strong for me, was talking to Doublld recently about his trans situation, glad to hear he's being taken care of.

what's the difference between the APR cam gears and the UCON cam gears, any? are they just not able to tune them for a turbo setup? Ucon would be nice simply due to the ease of install, emissions, and product specific design but that would kind of suck to lose the cam gears.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Neither set of cam gears should be installed.

Damn dude. Truck looks great. Super jelly of your Icon UCA's! :adore:

Last edited:

zr2ee

Reaction score
Thanks man, yeah i like the UCA's, i wish my coilover's didn't pick up so much rust though. probably add that to my summer list of things to take care of. And don't ever get a 3rd party under armor frame coating after the fact. They got it all over everything and it never really held to the frame.

guess it's a good thing i kept my stock cam gears then, My roomate has the AEM standalone on this Z and it seems to run pretty well, i just don't want to deal with the emissions headaches.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you like the Clazzio seat covers? How do the hold up? Do they shift around at all? Sorry for the thread jack, feel free to PM rather than clutter the thread.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
How do you like the Clazzio seat covers? How do the hold up? Do they shift around at all? Sorry for the thread jack, feel free to PM rather than clutter the thread.

I would not consider that a thread jack as i am interested to know as well!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds legitimate for here to me as well. :top:

zr2ee

Reaction score

No worries, I really enjoy them, they fit well, no shifting and most people have no idea they are seat covers, or that everything but the inserts isn't leather and i picked up the whole set for $500!, unfortunately price has gone up since then. They have some extra memory foam on them for added comfort and you can customize them any way you want.

Biggest complaint i recall hearing is that they didn't have velcro on the bottom side to help it contour to the seat more but that seems pretty easily solved. I can't remember how many miles i've put on them now but they've held up, This was taken this morning and is probably the most worn seat in the house.
20140416_110127.jpg

the only thing i think i would change is to have the rear seats have a open back so you can put the plastic panels on the outside rather than underneath.

Top Bottom