Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD push button ignition

eltus

Reaction score
man I need an X, I would have taken mine apart to figure this out.

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
^^^

[rubs hands together while anxiously awaiting confirmation of success]

Moneyblind

Reaction score
FIRST SUCCESS! Disabled Steering wheel lock mechanism. Reinstalling the mechanism will be possible, but might require delicate hands.

Moving on to starting the system via push button WITH key in (for RFID chip in key.)
Then It will be bypassing the RFID system somehow.

Honestly I thought bypassing the lock mechanism would be the hardest...now my truck is that much more stealable **sigh** The sacrifices I make in the name of mods.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Alright, update, this mod is going to be alot easier than expected for the first phase, first phase will work, but is a little unsecure. But I believe I can get something working in the next day or two...Even if it is slightly modified for now.

Workman3886

Reaction score
I'm curious to see this write-up!!! Something I wouldn't mind doing myself, but I don't have the balls to do it first!

Moneyblind

Reaction score
argg, who would know the electrical is causing me pain; I dont want to have to add a module or computer chip for this to work; But that would make it easy to just program a small chip to handle all the circuits;

I am running into this issue --
ACC can EASILY be triggered by a switch;
ON is harder, requires 5 wires
Start is even harder with 5, using a single switch might not be doable (without a module) I am working it though.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
I just broke down and bought a cheap module to handle most of the work. More than likely I will have to do some more cause its cheap. But should be here sometime next week.

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
Great to hear you're making progress moneyblind.....my hats off to you brutha. Thanks for keeping us posted in this thread as well. Maybe when all is said and done you can sell a kit with everything sourced so as to make back some of your time and risk. I'll be the first to buy off of ya!

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Great to hear you're making progress moneyblind.....my hats off to you brutha. Thanks for keeping us posted in this thread as well. Maybe when all is said and done you can sell a kit with everything sourced so as to make back some of your time and risk. I'll be the first to buy off of ya!

Thanks for the confidence mate! As soon as I get it working, ill post everything up :)

eltus

Reaction score

yeah man, I'll buy such a kit too when I get my next X(crossing fingers for this summer)

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys, I am waiting for a part to come in the mail now. Since my free time is running out, its going to be longer, but it will get done, When i get a project going...I have to finish it!

There is a variation, which is MUCH easier to do, Instead of a pushbutton, its a Turn Dial. AKA mounting a Dial under the vent on the left side of the radio, and then It would function just like a key....without the key... ;) That one is really really easy, but I am wanting push start for my truck :p

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Alright, picked up a couple of radioshack parts, might be able to make this happen without the module :) :) Had to do some thinking! (AKA, It will be cheaper for you all! )

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Are you still going the pushbutton route or are you installing a dial now?

Moneyblind

Reaction score
I am doing the pushbutton, because the dial is too easy; I will do a write-up on the dial start later after I get the pushbutton running.

Scarface

Reaction score
Bro... I am supporting this all the way. How would it work for the guys that already have a remote start option?

MillsXR

Reaction score
Bro... I am supporting this all the way. How would it work for the guys that already have a remote start option?

im wondering the same thing to! would it work with remote start. Really looking forward to this though! can't wait!

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
See Money....complete the conversion, do a write up, source high quality components and sell kits! I bet it'd be a real barn burner!

Top Bottom