Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD S/C Belt shredded...WTF??

2006nightrider

Reaction score
EDIT - Just hit 3,000 posts:rockon:

Went golfing yesterday, and as I was getting ready to leave to head home, I started up my truck and I heard an unusually loud tapping noise; louder then the usual crappy noises these motors make. So I turn my truck off, pop the hood, and look around...didn't see anything. Started it up and it started tapping again, so I go to look again...still didn't see anything out of the ordinary. My first thought was that it was the lifters in the motor, and when I get home, I'll check my oil.

So I drove home from the golf course (about 22 miles); engine tapping the entire ride home. I pull in my driveway and pop the hood and finally I see something out of the ordinary...my belt is just ripping apart, flinging pieces inside my engine bay, and hitting my metal lines. The tapping noise I heard was the belt hitting the line at the bottom of my motor on the drivers side:argh:

I only have 11k on it....what would cause this to happen, my belt should of lasted longer then this, right??? Did any of you other URD S/C guys have any issues like this??? Anyways my X is now parked at home undriveable:thumpdown:

IMG_0275-1.jpg

IMG_0273-1.jpg

IMG_0271-1.jpg

IMG_0272-1.jpg

Tapp

Reaction score
thats a bummer, i would check and see if its slightly rubbing on anything...:dontknow:

AudioCra-Z

Reaction score
Looks like the belt jumped a groove. You may want to check alignment of the s/c.

2006nightrider

Reaction score
thats a bummer, i would check and see if its slightly rubbing on anything...:dontknow:

Its clear of everything...if you look at the first picture, look at the belt on the S/C pulley, you can see the edge of my belt (closest to bracket) isn't flat anymore. The whole edge of the belt is just peeling away:dontknow:

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Ack, I'd call URD and hit extension 3, talk to the man himself about it.

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
You should have keep a spare belt Dave I keep one under my seat......least its only a belt...and not like me lol

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Ack, I'd call URD and hit extension 3, talk to the man himself about it.

Yea I called Gadget yesterday and left a message...I know he's really busy and I didn't want to bug him too bad about this.

Thats why I posted this, just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else with the URD S/C or if it was just mine:hmmmm2:

You should have keep a spare belt Dave I keep one under my seat......least its only a belt...and not like me lol

well I will now....what happened with yours?

Yotaman

"Shortbus"
Reaction score
That blows...:thumpdown: The BSP curse continues....:argh:

This thread answers my PM

Dallas

Reaction score
My TRD blower belt blew the third day I had it, it was a Dayco belt, started unraveling from one side. I replaced it with a goodyear gatorback and have had no further issues in 8000 miles.

Dallas

Reaction score
I'll have to get that number when I go home this afternoon, I drove my car to work.

5000XD

Reaction score
its strange that it started shredding on one side. wasnt it surely not rubbing onto something?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
My TRD blower belt blew the third day I had it, it was a Dayco belt, started unraveling from one side. I replaced it with a goodyear gatorback and have had no further issues in 8000 miles.

hmmmmm....I might check that out....does anyone know the size of the URD belt???

its strange that it started shredding on one side. wasnt it surely not rubbing onto something?

Yea, I looked EVERYWHERE around the belt...nothing is hitting the belt, the belt is hitting everything else:dontknow:

Gadget

Reaction score
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_105&products_id=1260518473

You cannot buy that belt locally. We take a stock belt and modify it to fit the supercharger kit.

We are now modifying the belts in house so we can better control of quality. We do this on our new high end belt cutting machine.

We have belts in stock ready to ship. Order it up and we can overnight it if you need it. Because this is a specialized belt we do recommend everyone keep a spare in the truck just in case...

Gadget

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
i tore up one belt, but it when i installed it, it was off one rib on the fan pulley. the fan pulley doesnt have a shoulder to hold the belt on.

I just cleaned off the rest of that rib and I use that belt as an emergency spare

Justin

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_105&products_id=1260518473

You cannot buy that belt locally. We take a stock belt and modify it to fit the supercharger kit.

We are now modifying the belts in house so we can better control of quality. We do this on our new high end belt cutting machine.

We have belts in stock ready to ship. Order it up and we can overnight it if you need it. Because this is a specialized belt we do recommend everyone keep a spare in the truck just in case...

Gadget

Thiose newer belts are nice too

Top Bottom