Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shane's URD MRKlll++ supercharger Build

Redlantern

Reaction score
Looks good Shane. Take a photo of it a little further and from diff angles.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Inverted Storm Trooper. Kick-ass.

shane881510

Reaction score
I would have took more but it was dark. Next pretty day ill take some more. I'm rele Liking the black grille and black Intercooler.

shane881510

Reaction score
So I'm running at a stock power level again an it blows. I took my Ucon off and sent it to g man. Gonna have him look at it and tinker on it. I can't get my fuel trims to come down an Im leaning out a lot...so much the guardian kicks in.. Ain't firgure it out yet but g man will get me fixed I hope. Has anyone else noticed that U can shift so muCh faster and better with the factory Ecu than u can with the ucon. When I shift with the ucon theres always a delay before it picks up between gears. My shift logic isn't keeping up on my ucon.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I had always heard people say how much smoother the shifting was after installing the UCON. Should bring that point up with URD as well.

Gadget

Reaction score
Nobody shifts as fast as you do. You are beating those DCTs in those super high end Ferraris.

G

shane881510

Reaction score
I'm Sry g man. I like to shift fast. Shifting is what wins races. Can u speed the Ucon up a bit plz. My Ucon is on its way to u g man. I'll email U the tracking if u want.

shane881510

Reaction score
So a update. I rele rele hate not having boost. I sent my ucon to g man. On the 26th of feb. He still hasn't seen it. I'm pretty sure the mail lost it or something. Been trying firgure out what happen to it.. And I've been getting obd code p0157 and 0138. I switched my harness around and gonna try that. Hopefully it fixes it.

kwigs160966

Reaction score
That sucks man. I've missed the boost all winter. But now all the parts are rolling in and I am pumped for the first day the track opens

shane881510

Reaction score
Yea the whole rebuilt title is my thing. All the pics look good tho. The inside looks good from The pictures stand point.

Redlantern

Reaction score
I wouldn't. U don't know what type of damage and the extent of it. My friend who works for liberty mutual insurance told me to never take a chance with those types because you may never know if repairs were done correctly and they will never disclose everything as information goes.

justin13703

Reaction score
It's easy to make a car look good for a sale but especially with water damage I can guarantee you there is plenty of stuff that can't be seen that are just bandaged up enough to get the car sold and make it someone else's problem

shane881510

Reaction score
Hey guys update. Still no boost. G sent my ucon to Scott. Then it's gonna go back to him for a final road test. Then I'll get it in a few weeks. On the other hand the cheaper gas is nice for now. And I tried to polish my supercharger. Anyone ever do it.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Lost in transit, then found. What a relief.

Your polishing job made it look like it has a brushed metal finish.

shane881510

Reaction score
Torspd I did what I could to polish it. I wanna pull the charger off and do it but that dang oil is so $$$$. I'm gonna wait til I change the oil and do the rest of it. For a high end supercharger U think u could have the option of being polished like Pro chargers or vortec. I still rather have this charger than them but stil polishing something by hand sucks. Lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I hear you on that. Trying to do all of that in the confined spaces available.

iniazy

Reaction score
This thread is very inspirational for me. You rebuilt the engine yourself in your garage, installed it with the MK3 SC, and got 400+ HP out of it reliably. I'm really impressed, and inspires me to continue with building my spare engine.

BTW, what compression ratio you're running with the forged pistons?

Top Bottom