Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

T56 Trans Adpater/Kit

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It would seem that way. Minus me. Not even 30 yet

Coupe

Reaction score
Well... old isn't a prerequisite, but they tend to have accumulated more cash :dontknow:

The smart ones have.:laugh:

You can do this kit in pieces. Buy the adapter. $1600.

Watch ebay/friends/junk yards for the rest.

It may take a while to put that parts together, but you could do it.

Last edited:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
The smart ones have.:laugh:

:laugh: true

Well in theory they should all have accumulated. Some just spent theirs more quickly along the way, mostly alcohol, hoes, alimony and kids. (and any combination of the 4)

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
:laugh: true

Well in theory they should all have accumulated. Some just spent theirs more quickly along the way, mostly alcohol, hoes, alimony and kids. (and any combination of the 4)

a way with words you have...:rofl:

SX TOY

Reaction score
I am not rolling in the dough but I can sniff out a deal miles away and do alot of searching and research for what I want. I spend my money on alcohol the Ho's don't cost if you have a strong pimp hand:secruity:

Dallas

Reaction score
don't forget about the 2k drop in rpm with the stock trans from 1st to 2nd. i'm running 3.54 rear gear with the vette t-56. imo a slightly taller 1st gear with a 1k drop between shifts will be ideal.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
don't forget about the 2k drop in rpm with the stock trans from 1st to 2nd. i'm running 3.54 rear gear with the vette t-56. imo a slightly taller 1st gear with a 1k drop between shifts will be ideal.

That drop really kills the momentum on my URD truck and I hate it. Another reason at looking at a swap besides the trans being a hunk of shit in general.

Coupe

Reaction score
Looks like Torspd has added himself to the list. We have victims.

Make that five (5) victims.

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
This looks like are list:

1. Coupe
2. Sparky
3. Torspd
4. Gadget
5. BlackX-runner
6. The Anti-Christ

Give me a few days and I will get you some more details.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
from what i understand a a new bell housing is being looked at instead of the adapter plate, Plus it sounds like the mustang version of the T56 is a better fit so that adapter plate wouldn't work with that version.

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
I was browsing around and noticed that tremec is making the t56 for GM, Dodge, and Ford. Am I misguided?

Also, if there's any obvious perks by getting a new bellhousing vs. just using an adapter plate that I am missing feel free to fire back

Coupe

Reaction score
I was browsing around and noticed that tremec is making the t56 for GM, Dodge, and Ford. Am I misguided?

Also, if there's any obvious perks by getting a new bellhousing vs. just using an adapter plate that I am missing feel free to fire back

The Ford version puts the shifter in the console in the right spot.

There are several versions of the T56. The factors that change are lengths, input shaft spline, shifter location, transmount location.

Shanes56

Reaction score
After alot of reading and alot of research I am almost sold on this, This will be a great product if all goes well and with APR I am sure it will exceed most standards.

Coupe if you want to call me I would like a few more details about this

rexrunner

Reaction score
my t56 from a camaro lines up nice..

your running? or your going to run?

byw thats what I have lol

Last edited:

Tunedx

Reaction score
I hope this swap becomes reality. This might be done before I go boosted

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
my t56 from a camaro lines up nice..

You SHARE !!!

2729081.jpg

Top Bottom